This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does America need a new economic and political system?
11-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Does America need a new economic and political system?
Let's face it, our free-market system (that has components of capitalism and mixed economies) has mistakes and errors. This country is slowly falling from the number one spot as a super-power, this nation used to be the number one in everything (whether it was manufacturing or technology) before the 90's... so should we let this happen as this country continues to lose jobs and its population growing? Should we have more regulations put on trade and industry? Should we manufacture more? What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM

When Barack Hussein Obama gets done, we will need something to replace our current systems

Ads

Because we were sold out to the chinese and mexicans by liberal politicians.

Richest country in the world, most powerful country in the world, most admired country in the world according to the latest survey -- I'd say no. But I agree that we are shedding jobs and I believe that we should definitely be regulating trade, free trade has become a dogma and as far as I can tell all it's done is send our factories, jobs, incomes, and expertise to countries like Japan and now China.

EDIT -- I can't believe that guy blames free trade on liberal politicians! It was conservatives who favored free trade and liberals and the labor movement who opposed it.

No we need to go back to the one we had before corporations had many of the rights people have. We need real free markets without government subsidies and rules that block fair competition. We have a great constitution that got hi jacked.

I think the political system though frustrating at times has served us fairly well the last 200 plus years. I think I would like to stick with it

Problem is this no regulation, no oversite, and our politicians have been bought and paid for.
We have just what we need a conservative Christian President who is fiscally responsible and has already got our country on the rebound.

i think your question could have been asked at any point in american history and today's political climate is nothing new, just a bit extreme. But your point is certainly valid.

Well, the biggest problems facing us came right out of government. The Banks would not make loans to poor or risky people, the government forced them to..now we are reaping the problems. The government has slowing be adding regulation upon regulation on to health care providers and insurance companies, now we have the problems of higher costs and less people affording insurance. When the free market system is manipulated and forcibly changed by government, there is always a price to pay. More government is NEVER the answer. A return to free markets is the only thing that save America. The government controlled by liberal democrats has made matters worse.

I think we need more regulation and a more democratic voting system such as instant run-off voting and direct election of the President by majority vote. I am not in favor of proportional representation but am in favor of treating third parties the same way we treat Democrats and republicans. The FEC needs to be reprimanded for making it hard for third parties to get on the ballot and for making it harder for them to raise money. There are 30 million Independents (third party or no party affiliation voters) yet they are virtually non-existent at the federal level and states make it even harder to get on the ballot and raise money. It is very rare to see third parties in state or local positions and they usually win because they are unopposed or the town needed reform so bad they voted for a third party member. It would be a bright day in the country if say a Green party or Marijuana Party candidate were elected to a state or federal office. I also think we need to stop letting politicians and PAC's receive money from corporations and other organizations that are not individual citizens. Only American citizens should be able to vote and contribute money to our political system. In fact I hate it that Insurance companies and banks are allowed to contribute money to politicians and PAC's. It seems awkward and wrong. Doesn't it.