This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the difference between Economics and Business studies?
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Whats the difference between Economics and Business studies?
Hey, i want to do one of them at A-Level but i don't know which one, economics or business studies? What's the difference? Which one would you advise me to take and why? which one is looked more upon?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM

Economics: Studies and Analyzes the growth an economy and studies the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services in that economy.

Finance: Studies and addresses the ways in which individuals, businesses, and organizations raise, allocate, and use monetary resources over time.

Business: How to make a legally-recognized organizational entity existing within an economically free country designed to sell goods and/or services successful.

Marketing: The study of the social process which satisfies consumers' needs and demands

Accounting: The art of measurement, statement or provision of assurance about financial information primarily used by managers, investors, tax authorities and other decision makers to make resource allocation decisions within companies, organizations, and public agencies.

If you want to be an analyst then you need a finance degree or an economics degree (at least a Masters/MBA). An analysts' work is math intensive.

Ads

11-19-2012, 02:34 AM

Accountancy, Business Studies and Economics are belonging to the group of Commerce and they are linked. However, Accountancy deals with numbers and involves little bit of Business Studies, however, Economics is different, but theories with Business Studies is a bit the same and differs a little bit.

However, Economics is more tougher than Business Studies. You need to be well at theories and familiar to get atlease a "B" in Economics. Economics is more valuable than Business Studies, dosen't matter you can choose the one you find familiar. I am planning to do AS Economics too, but if my school allows, I am planning to do AS + A Level Economics together. Hope my AS results were cool enough so they would let me do AS/A Level Economics, gonna find out tomorrow or either on 20th. Good luck with what you chooseSmile