This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get big on YouTube?
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
How to get big on YouTube?
How do you get big on YouTube and is there anyone who can help me on PS3 Record with an HD PVR Because I have to use a web cam message me on YouTube if you do have one and if you know how to get noticed on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheInF4MoUsG...ature=mhsn

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:39 AM

The key is to not try, instead try and make the highest quality stuff, with what you have.
Also put lots of tags and a description.

Ads

Here is a bit of a guide to help you out !Big Grin
First, you need to know that Subscribers do make views. However, you do not need 1,000+ Subscribers for 1,000+ views.
For instance, I have 38 subscribers but my first video has almost 2,000 views and it has only been up for 7 days.
It goes like this, if you have 20 subscribers and you post a video they will be the first to see it. It will be on their YouTube homepage when they log on. When they watch it, if they like it, they like "like" it and they may favorite it and they may even post the link on their facebook/twitter.
Then all 300+ friends on facebook or 100 followers on twitter will see the link and probably click on it. If they click right off you still just got one more view.
Secondly, Social Networking is key to YouTube success. Once you have a bit of a viewer base and maybe around a consistent 500 views a video you need to make a Facebook "Like" page for your channel and a Twitter for connecting with fans.
A lot of people have facebook (around 600 Million+) therefor having a page that anyone can use with the simplicity of one click to join for free is great! If you have 100 fans on your facebook page and anytime you post a new video you make a post about it they will all see it the next time they refresh their news feed. If they enjoy it and have friends with common interests they will share it with them and so on and so forth. Another good thing about having a facebook page is that if for some reason you can not access your channel because you got shut down or hacked or whatever happened, you can tell your fans about it there.
Twitter is not as rewarding as facebook view/sub/fan wise but it is quick to update everyone who is following you and that is where a lot of YouTube higher ups chat.
Third on this little guide is that their is no shame in advertising your channel and videos.
If you are still pretty small on YouTube and not many people have heard of you, you need to make them hear of you. Go on a popular video that is similar to your genre of videos. (It is best if you go on a recently uploaded video) Here just comment saying "Hey if you like this video and its blah blah come over to my channel and check out my blah blah." Make the people who see your comment want to click on your channel. Now do not spam! There is a fine line between two or three comments and fifteen to twenty comments. Alright everyone, I have never shared this one secret with anyone and I am going to now. It is seriously a good advertising technique if you put a little bit of effort towards it. If you post a comment advertising your channel similar to the one above you need to thumb it up. Not just once, make four other accounts or maybe fifteen. Go to that video on all your accounts and thumb your comment up. It will be at the top of the videos comments after three likes or however many likes the previous top comment had. This is something that can get on peoples nerves so be discreet about it. I did it on my old account a lot and it really increased traffic to my channel. Especially if you are doing gaming videos and you do it on all of Machinimas 20 videos they post daily. Another way to advertise is go on a big YouTubers channel and leave ONE nice long comment about your channel and how people will like it and should check it out.
Fourth thing is video-bumping. This is seriously frowned upon in the YouTube community. But if you have a low amount of subscribers and you upload a video in the morning and it has had only 50 views from your 200 subscribers you should maybe bump it. I am not supporting video-bumping but it does work well. I do not have enough room to explain how to do it but if you want to know how you can message me on YouTube or just search a video on how to do it on YouTube. My link will be at the bottom of this question.
Fifth thing and last on THIS guide is to remember that a friend in need will always be a friend, indeed.
Add everyone to your friends list on YouTube. They will get notifications that you have uploaded on their homepage too. But help people in need out. If someone needs a background and you know how to make one... make them a background! If someone needs editing done and you are good at editing (Not you 10 year old with Windows Movie Maker) edit their video! When you finish doing whatever you are doing to help them ask them to shout you out! Ask them to post a annotation with a link to your channel in their video! That is a good way to get your channel going!

I hope this helps you! Don't be afraid to message me on YouTube and ask me for more tips!
Subscribe for the effort I put in to this answer!Big Grin
http://www.youtube.com/user/Elit3KD

Getting your channel/video's viewed is all about content, presentation and networking.

To get views you need:
a) Good content.
And/or:
b) Good 'tag' words. The more the better (Youtube dose have an upper limit on the number though).
c) A good video description.
d) A good network of friends and subscribers.
e) Getting 'Likes'.
f) Don't forget to 'Share' your video's and 'Post a Bulletin' to your friends.
g) Video respond with your videos.

So, good content is the hard one. There are no rules, but try to be original, or stick to a theme, or both. Here's an example. Have a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EbensR4Real
The trick is to engage your viewer from the start, and keep them watching till the end. Hard to get your video 'Liked', if it's not watched in total.

Tagging your video with as many of the right words is very important. People find your video's with these 'Tags'. Use many tags.

Always do a full, and detailed description of your video (this will help when Google 'crawls' for videos). Provide links as needed.

Make friends. Reach out to other similar channels, and [Add Friend]. Offer Sub4Sub to increase your subscribers.

Double check your editing (smooth transitions, clean/even audio, ECT) before uploading. Sloppy editing on your videos, effect your chances of getting 'Likes'. Remember too 'Like' your own video (people in your network will see this, and be only one click away from watching your video).

After uploading:
Use the [Share] button, to put your video's on FaceBook/Twitter/MySpace/ETC.
On your channel, use the [Post Bulletin] to send your video (with a message) to all your friends.

Post video response to your own video's. Seach for videos similar to your own, and then post your video's as a response.

Channel design and multiple views:
Thought should be given to your channels appearance (back ground, colour scheme, play list's, profile wording, ect). A nicely designed channel, with multiple playlists will encourage your visitors to stay and watch more video's.

Also:
If you visit random pages and comment. People will see your avatar (one click, and there at your page), and have a link to you. Be careful of spamming. Some people get very upset.

Hope this helps