This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What attracts you to social networking sites and what features are still missing?
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM
What attracts you to social networking sites and what features are still missing?
What motivates and attracts you most in social networking sites?
What kind of technological features are still missing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:42 AM

um what attracts..pretty much all the things on myspace...a profile that you can express who you are, pictures of yourself, songs, comments, messaging, instant messaging, and all that stuff.

stuff that needs work or i hate...is tops, i hate them because people fight over whos where on your top and I hate bullitens I mean there cool and everything but some of the things people post is wierd...What needs to change is your privacy and safety..youll get freind requests from people you dont even know and safety because alot of people put pics of them naked or in there underwear or something..

Ads

I like using them because I can keep up with friends (as long as they keep their profiles up to date). It's also a good way to catch up with people I haven't talked to in awhile and keep up with bands I like (on Myspace). I like on Facebook that they tell you whose profiles have recently been updated so you know whose to look at if you want the latest news. I also like the applications that Facebook added. It's more stuff to keep you amused and keep you coming back. I like Myspace's customization options better since you can do all sorts of things to your page layout that you cannot do on Facebook.

I like ones that have a wide range of people, the people are searchable, and modifiable profile, either through htm/html or an application. One's with little or no hacking of profiles and no spam are good too.

The topics are what attracts me. That and if my friends are logged on to that site.

I've made some really great friends on Yahoo's 360. (I refuse to use myspace - waaaay too many children, perverts and viruses.) I've 'met' people from many different walks of life, from other countries, and found that we're all pretty much the same. We're all looking for that human connection.

The technology provided is fine - I just wish it worked on a consistent basis.

What attracts me to a social networking website like Myspace is that you can find virtually any of your friends on there. You can also find and socialize with other people, search through music, and check out videos. A big plus with a website such as myspace is that they allow you to change the layout without much restriction from them.

However, what's missing from Myspace is security and stability. Millions of people log onto Myspace everyday and the system can sometimes fail and keep you from accessing the "home" page once you are logged in. Also, the threat of online offenders is ever present. Plus, there are currently too many scams that can easily fool you into giving up your password.

I use sites like myspace and facebook to keep in touch with all my friends, but I wish there was more privacy so i don't have all these strangers and spambots adding me as a friend. Also I can't stand myspace bulletins. There are so many people I'm friends with and like to talk to on there but I really want to delete them because of bulletins. Why can't I be friends with someone without seeing every single insignificant thought that pops into their head???

I use caringbridge to keep in touch with family, friends, neighbors, and other people who share the same type of cancer that my son has. It is an excellent way to keep people informed so that we do not need to repeat the same story a million times. I also like it to keep in touch with others in the rare cancer community. We visit each others sites and lend support and encouragement (although we also have a Yahoo Group to do this too). I am also a member of several mailing lists where we exchange information and offer support. The advent of patients and caregivers sharing information and resources has also been noted by the medical community, especially for those of us fighting and advocating for rare cancers.

More than sympathy: Patients find collective voice for advocacy
http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2007/08...sa0806.htm

I would consider joining one if emos and nerds weren't allowed on it.