This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I increase traffic to my site FREE?
11-19-2012, 02:35 AM
How can I increase traffic to my site FREE?
I been working hard. My web site URL is http://www.socceryoutube.com. I have worked a lot and made too many changes to it, but still getting less than 50 unique hits per day. How can I get more visitors what am I missing?
is there any way to increase traffic FREE, any ideas.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:43 AM

twitter

Ads

I wrote this list for someone with Wordpress blog, and figured that someone here might find it useful too. The basic fundamentals are the same even if your site / blog isn’t a Wordpress one.

1) Do some keyword research – what are your target market searching for? Use the Google Keyword Tool if you want something free. Start with basic phrases and find out what people in your area are looking for. Remember, in most cases, the more searches a phrase has, the more competition there will be for it – don’t try and climb Everest in the first month; start with some niche phrases that you can get quick wins on and use them.

2) Install the All In One SEO plugin for Wordpress – it’s a great tool and allows you to change the title tags and META tags of every page of your site/blog. Using the phrases that you found in step 1, plan the pages of your site around the phrases – you want to be able to include those phrases in the title tags and META description tags of your pages. However, this is not the be all and end all – if the phrase isn’t included in the page too then you’re not doing it properly.

3) Make sure you use your phrase in H1 tags on the page where possible – but remember, you’re writing more for the visitor than for the search engines; don’t get carried away and end up with something that puts your visitors off. (Also make sure every page of your site has a strong call to action – when I’ve finished reading it, what should I do next?)

4) Sign up for a Google Webmaster Tools account and follow the steps to verify your site – this account will give you a LOT of information about your site and no website should be without it.

5) As part of GWT, you need an XML sitemap – generate a map and upload, then register it. If your site changes infrequently, update this sitemap every time you update the site. If it changes a lot, then consider installing a sitemap plugin for Wordpress that will update it automatically for you.

6) Read about anchor text Bookmark that post and come back to it regularly – anchor text is one of the most important things for you to remember. Seriously.

7) Set up a Squidoo lens – maybe even more. Link them back to your site. Remember the anchor text.

8) Set up a BT Tradespace account and post some of your (amended) content over there. Remember your anchor text. Take part in the communities there. Remember your anchor text.

9) Join online networking sites and include your keyphrases in your signature. Remember your anchor text. Also remember to take part – if you’re not posting / replying / being part of the community then no-one, including Google, is seeing your signature. UK Business Labs, Ecademy, Business Scene, Linked In, Xing – there are a lot to choose from.

10) Write an article. Top Ten Tips To type articles work well as do short snappy articles that are easy to read. Remember your article is to educate the reader, not just promote your site. Have you written it? Now write another ten. Remember to get your keyphrases in there, as you’re going to use them as anchor text.

11) Post your articles, one every few days, to Ezine Articles. Post them to and communities you belong to that allow you to. Publish them on your website. Remember your anchor text.

12) Get a Twitter account. Download Tweetdeck. Tell everyone you know you have a Twitter account. Use it to interact with people, follow interesting people and yes, to promote your sites / blogs / posts etc. Don’t listen to people who tell you it doesn’t work – it does when done well.

13) Download 299 Steps to Website Heaven – spend time going through it properly. You don’t have to employ an expert to do SEO if you have the time and energy to do it yourself. Of course you will make mistakes, of course you will become frustrated, but it is possible to do well without spending lots of money.

14) Read my Internet Marketing Articles – they’re free and they should help.

15) Look into Ning, Tribe, Free Index etc – find communities you can interact with.

16) Find relevant directories to submit your site to.

17) Now find some more

18) Reread about anchor text – you’ll have forgotten about it

19) Make sure you track and test everything – use Clicky or Google Analytics; I prefer Clicky as you can see visitors in real time.

20) Constantly research and find new places to list / promote your website. Things change constantly and by the time I’ve submitted this list, it will be out of date!

I am looking for an alternative, I know about google adsense, etc but I am want something different.

http://www.spinxxx.com/Site-Promotion/ho...ebsite.htm

You have to make sure you get alot of incoming links. This will get you traffic and ranking, all in one. Follow the 6 steps from the article below to increase your traffic and links!

Nikki did a pretty excellent job as far as everything you need to do.

Anyway, I will give a site review from a usability/design aspect as well as what you can do to increase your traffic.

1.) First off, you need to evaluate your site and really figure out what you are trying to accomplish. My initial impression is that this site only has ads and provides no relevant content/videos to potential customers. Remember, it's easier to get repeat visitors to yourself by providing what they want then trying to get new visitors that never come back. Any visitor looking for soccer info/videos will most likely not go back a second time. (this is just my opinion, however I feel you have the knowledge and passion to change this).

2.) Your Title and H1 tags are necessary and looking at the source code I didn't see anything SEO worthy. You need to focus on keywords for a niche topic. Use a keywords tool, Google or Wordtracker is sufficient. In your case you should focus on niche areas that will flow with a video and content to optimize your site to get free traffic. Make sure your backlinks are relevant to your content. If you don't know where to begin start searching online for SEO and read some books. As an individual it is a better investment to learn yourself because SEO companies charge and ARM and a LEG for services that you can learn, apply, and rank yourself.

3.) Lastly, Internet marketing/Internet business has plenty of monetization strategies/techniques to be learned. If you jump in too fast hoping to make a quick buck you'll end up dissapointed and broke.

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's wirtings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored for"

-Socrates

Hope that helps.

Best Wishes,

The Wealth Kid
"I Don't Mind Sharing!"

I just did a teleconference on 5 free ways to to drive traffic to your site. If you go to my site and sign in I will send you a copy of the teleconference.

My site is http://www.whoisjoebutler.com. The teleconference was a paid event but I will send it to you free. When you sign in add this beside your name (yahoo). That way I know I told you it was free.

Hope this helped.

Keep the dream and vision in front of you,
Joe
http://www.whoisjoebutler.com