This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what do you think about hand made jewelery? do you think there;s a market for it in these current times?
11-19-2012, 02:39 AM
what do you think about hand made jewelery? do you think there;s a market for it in these current times?
Im thinking of starting my own business in designing and making hand made jewellery, but i dont want to start somthing thats not going to do well especially as no one is buying stuff at the moment. but if i was going to do it, how would i go about it? how do i advertise and where? how do i get customers?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:47 AM

Hand made jewelry is a very crowded market. Sell it through craft fairs,markets etc. as well as online but many craft fairs will have waiting lists for jewelry stands. Another way to sell is to do selling parties. Do your research first, some of this can be done online and do ensure what you produce is high quality.

Ads

hand made jewellery is pretty but the makers seriously overcharge. why pay and extra £5 for something u can buy from a jewellers cheaper just because its hand made????

Yes there is a market for it. I do not sell but I sell eco friendly supplies.
Places to sell, you can open online shops on these websites.
Etsy
Dawanda
Artfire
Folksy
and many more
Places to advertise
Blogs
Twitter
join groups on Flickr
adspace on places like Craftcult.
You will get customers from all over the world on Etsy and customer from mainland Europe on Dawanda. Artfire is just picking up and Folksy is U.K based.
The key is to have good photographs so make sure the quality of your photographs are of a high standard.
Good Luck.

too common...i wouldnt waste my time.

I personally do not know much about hand made jewelery,but i know about a place when i can find out if there is a demand for hand made jewelery.I have used your keywords and the way that you spelt it to make my point.The answer to your question of if there was a market for your products in these economic times.First of all, people just do not stop buying things because times are tough.People curtail their spending and set priorities on what they spend money on.The key is to find the people who are looking for your product and with cash in their hands.
This is where keywords play a fundamental role in locating your soon to be customers. Type in (google keyword search tool) into your browser.You can tailor your search to a particular area or to the whole world.If you wish to sell to the world,click on where it says Edit.
You will then see two drop downs.The left margin relates to languages and the right relates to countries.Let me explain what that is.
Let us say you had a product targetted at chinese speaking people who live in Germany.This means people who speak chinese,live in Germany,but when they go online, they browse in Chinese.Another example,you can target Japanese speaking people who live Brazil and actually surf in Japanese.So you can pick what ever market you wish to find information on.Let us assume you want to sell worldwide.
Tick the language on the left margin and all territories on the right margin.
Just underneath that you will see the phrase that reads
How would you like to generate keyword ideas?
First button is descriptive words and phrases,which is what you need,and the second button is website content.About website content,let's just say you know of a fantastic website that sells the most incredible jewelry.You can put the web address in website content and google will tell you all the keywords that they are using on their site to drive customers to their site.It gives you a great insight.Back to words and phrases.I typed in hand made jewelery just like you wrote it.

hand made jewellery 4,400
[hand made jewelry] 3,600
hand made jewlery] 480
[handmade jewellery] 22,200
[handmade jewelry] 301,000
[costume jewelry] 90,500
[fashion jewelry] 1,000,000

This is a fraction of the results just to illustrate.
You get the idea.This are all people in the last month who have gone on google and have used these keywords.Yahoo has got it's own search tool called overture, and so has the other top search engines.spend some time on the google keyword search tool and i am sure you will be enlightened.When you write your keyword in the words and phrases box,click Get Keyword Ideas.Notice all the different spellings that people used.The different spellings of jewelery,lewelry,jewellery, tells their own story.Notice the difference in the spellings above and the big difference in the amount of people doing the searches.Even little things like spaces between words makes a big difference.Notice (handmade and hand made).When you cast your eye to the right of the drop searches box,you will see Match Type.click it,there will be a drop down and click on exact.This gives you a precise view compared to a broad view.I hope this has been helpful.Read about how basic internet marketing works.You will definitely need a site to sell your wares.A tip for you.When you build a website,the trick is to talk about jewelry,lots of information,the different kinds of your product, the history,how it has changed with culture,the value to different tribes.Just anything to do with information about your product.You can research on the net.Let your passion show.The product you are selling should not be the focus, the focus should be your expertise on your products.And if you build your website using the right tools, you do not need to spend a penny on ads,but yet customers will beat down to your door.Content is king on the net.Offer great content on your products,strategically placing your products on your website, and you can't fail.This is how i built my site through Sitesell.
I truly wish you all the best and remember research, research,research.There are no short cuts to success.

To your success

Charles Frize

http://www.internetbusinessideas-viralmarketing.com/

VERY Hard to do without proper knowledge YOUR going to fail ! BELIEVE me i tried already and lost $

YOU want to get into with a company that provides YOU with a way to share from advertisers $ which online alone will be $150 Billion $ this year !

OF course it should BE NO cost for YOU and all the resources are provided TO you FREE of charge ON how to advertise HOW to make $ How to get more people to leverage YOUR earning power !