This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some good ways to promote my YouTube channel?
11-19-2012, 02:44 AM
What are some good ways to promote my YouTube channel?
I'm a fifteen year old vlogger from Toronto, Canada and have a YouTube channel called "iGeekTVplus".
I'm currently signed onto a netwrok and have 471+ subscribers and 40,000+ total upload views. What are some good way to expend other then Twitter, Google plus, FaceBook etc. which I'm currently using.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:52 AM

Create High Quality Videos

Creating high quality videos has the same implications as creating high quality posts on your blog, and it is the first port of call to promote your YouTube channel. If your videos lack in quality both visually and informatively, viewers simply won’t be interested in watching them. They’ll go to the next channel… If you have a mobile phone or digital camera with a high quality video recording feature, then make good use of it.

Brand your YouTube Channel

Giving your channel your own brand image is a good marketing tactic to promote your YouTube channel effectively, which will help visitors who visit your blog or website frequently to recognize your brand on your channel, by a banner or logo maybe.

Make it easy for users to Subscribe

YouTube makes it really easy for users to subscribe to your channel by displaying the big yellow subscribe buttons in your channel and on your videos, so the more quality videos you have, the more subscribers you will get.

Add a YouTube Subscription Icon to your Blog

A short while back we shared with you a short tutorial on how to add social icons to your WordPress blog, one of the biggest advantages of using your own code structure is that you can add any icons you wish as apposed to just installing another plugin with limitations.

Create a welcome video for your website or Blog

A lot of top bloggers and webmasters are now creating a welcome video or a featured video post to put on their website’s home page i.e. John Chow and Darren Rowse do really well with this.

I think this a great tactic to both greet new and existing visitors to your blog, and to prompt some of your visitors to check out the link to your other videos on your YouTube channel. Again a tactic used to drive traffic from your website to your YouTube channel.

Create a Dedicated Landing Page and Embed some Videos

How about creating a dedicated page on your blog or website with some of your YouTube videos embedded in them? You can then effectively market and promote that page using on-page SEO, adding social sharing tools and integrating a Facebook comment system even. You can also add a link to your YouTube channel (big yellow subscribe button we talked about in tip#2) asking your visitors to view more of your videos on YouTube or to even subscribe.

Ads

11-19-2012, 02:52 AM

There are 3 components to most successful video marketing campaigns:

1. Video Content- This is the most important component, as a video can have a huge push, and great tags, etc.. But it will never be a huge success without great content. One of the best YouTube campaign successes has been the Will it Blend? Series by Blendtec. Watch one of their videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tb… As you can see, they took a seemingly boring product, and made an engaging, interesting, viral video. They have reported that sales have increased 1000%! When making you campaign, make sure the content is interesting.

2. Correct Title and Tags: This means picking an exciting title that intrigues the viewer, and also including a proper description, tags, etc.. that include relevant keywords.

3. Initial Video Promotion: This is the 3rd key ingredient to success in video promotion. You need an initial boost so that it can be seen and spread to others. Video marketing is largely a snowball effect, and one area that people forget is having the initial boost to get the snowball growing. If it is uploaded and just 5 people see it, it is clear that the video won’t go viral.

There are many sites that provide this initial promotion, such as http://www.increaseyoutubeviews.com/