This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can we do to protect our Second Ammendment Rights from this latest assualt by the Liberals?
11-19-2012, 02:45 AM
What can we do to protect our Second Ammendment Rights from this latest assualt by the Liberals?
In the wake of the actions of the nut-job in Colorado, (I mean other than joining the NRA,) what can we the people do to counter act this latest liberal attack on our right to keep and bare arms?
I guess I should clarify something. I hope all Americans who love hunting, shooting, or collecting firearms have all ready, or will soon join the NRA!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:53 AM

Vote Liberals out of Office. The NRA is our best possibility to retain the 2nd Amendment as written. To dismantle the Amendment requires the Congress and the Courts, and the Courts are the quickest means for the Government to outspend defenders of the Amendment. 4.5 million NRA members and still growing is our hope for keeping the 2nd Amendment alive and well.

Ads

VOTE.
Know who is running for office. Where they stand & NRA rating. Want to curb libs, stop voting them into office.

Let them kick and scream and make fools of themselves. People are not buying it anymore and those that do are beyond hope. The most you can do is talk to the fence sitters.

The blood dancing they partake in is self defeating as I would figure people such as myself would be reviled by such actions of the left.

Honestly I don't think there is much we can do but vote for pro gun candidates. In my opinion sadly enough the actions at Aurora, VA Tech, Columbine, and Tucson along with others are doing the job for us. While the antis come out screaming bloody murder these tragedies strengthen the pro gun movement. Have you noticed when Obama spoke at Aurora he made no anti gun statements. They, the liberals are coming to realize that Americans love their guns, and while Brady Campaign and Handgun Control, Inc. are all up in arms, I think the politicians know its a lose lose situation.

Recent years have shown the SCOTUS agrees with some important clarifications or interpretations of gun ownership in this country. My wife thinks banning large capacity magazines like the 100 round drum is forthcoming as well as monitoring large bulk purchases of ammo. I severely doubt it. If it hasn't happened after Gabby Giffords shooting, it ain't coming. Remember she was shot with a 33 round Glock magazine. Just my opinion, hopefully an educated one.

Support more Libertarian (not the same as Liberal) minded candidates and those in office. Libertarians fully support the US Constitution, unlike Obama, Romney, and most congressmen.

An individual can VOTE. Vote local vote federal VOTE.
Everyone vote, please. Many of us have served to defend that right.
Are you young? Start running for local offices.
If anti gun people, they can be conservative just as well. The current Rep pres candidate flips faster than a Cirq acrobat. The state he governs? How are the gun laws there?
The gun laws in ILL are terrible, but as of yet are rights haven't been touched. The Ill governor at that time was to concerned with his hair and how to take advantage of President Obama's election to president. (Don't matter have to show respect for the office if not the man)
The health care was the main objective this term. I think guns may come up if he is elected again.

Keep on being responsible gun owners, vote for pro-gun politicians, and support gun rights advocates.

And of course, don't walk around dressed in Army fatigues all the time, bragging about how you'll protect everyone with your fifteen dozen guns in case of something bad happening. Being quiet, polite, and avoiding arguments with real people (I don't consider internet trolls to be "real people") will go a long way toward avoiding the stigma of being a belligerent gun owner.

You don't have to tell the world that you'll kill someone if they hurt your family. You don't have to tell people that you carry a gun everywhere you go, and are willing to blow away someone who is robbing a bank. It's quite simple: no one but your friends and family needs to know how many guns you own, where you carry them, or why you own them. There's nothing wrong with talking about what you own, but standing on a street corner telling random strangers that you own guns (or coming on Y! Answers bragging on your guns) is foolish.

Vote correctly.

Sigh - 'Liberal' used to mean "in favor or individual rights",
including that provided by the Second Amendment.
Write or EMail your 'esteemed legislators', (both houses),
and tell them you insist on having that right protected.
Join and contribute to both the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation.
It's gonna take campaign contributions, (bribes), to defend our rights people.