This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any PET MARKET or good pet shop in London?
11-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Any PET MARKET or good pet shop in London?
I'm lookin' 4 a place in London where I could buy a cat of one of those breeds: Burmese, Siamese, Oriental Shorthair. Is there any Pet Market in London? Or good pet shop with cats of less common breed? North London area would b perfect, but if I'll have to I can travel anywhere. Thnx 4 help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:55 AM

go on the internet, contact one of the shelters. they will either have one, or they will point you in the right direction.

I love cats too

Ads

DO NOT buy your cat at a pet shop. Pet shops are where irresponsible breeders, that just breed for money and don't care where their kittens wind up, bring their kittens.
They are much more likely to be inbred, sick, too young and unsocialized. If you're going to spend your money on a purebred, please make it your money's worth and don't support their practices. There are a great many deal of responsible breeders in the London area.
First make up your mind on what breed you'd want. There's quite a difference between Burmese and Siamese. If you can't make up your mind, get a Tonkinese- best of both worlds Wink
Once you've selected your breed of choice, look up some catteries on the internet. Go have a look at a couple of them (not on the same day, contagious diseases etc.), and assess how you like their cats, are they social, do they look healthy, are they allowed to run free in the house, is the house clean (doesn't need to be sterile, just not a complete mess), do you like the breeder, can he/she show you testresults for breedspecific (genetic) conditions of (future) parents and are you getting a health guarantee etc. A purebred should always come with a pedigree paper- without it there's no proof the cat was actually purebred.
Kittens should also be completely vaccinated, dewormed and at least 13 weeks old before they are allowed to leave their mom.
This cat is going to be your lifelong companion, so be a little selective who you buy it from- make sure it's somebody you can always turn to with questions or if there are problems.
Having to wait a couple of months for a kitten that you will enjoy for it's nice temper for a long long time to come will turn out to be a better choice than not being selective and buying the first you come across.
You could try contacting the GCCF http://www.gccfcats.org/
to see if they could help you with your search.
I also recommend reading this page of their site; http://www.gccfcats.org/buying.html , you can download the PDF on choosing a kitten.
Good luck!

why dont you go to battersea dogs &cats home im sure you will something and you will be saving a life.

I used to live in Cricklewood and there was a good big pet shop there. Unfortunately I cant remember what it was called and i have no idea if it is still there. You used to come out of the train station and turn right and there was a big supermarket up on the hill, it was beside it.