This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Made a fake twitter for a kid in my class, punishable by law?
11-19-2012, 02:49 AM
Made a fake twitter for a kid in my class, punishable by law?
Me and my friends made a fake twitter account for a kid in our class. We didn't use his actual name, we just used his picture. The principal claims this is illeagal? But how we didn't use his actual name, just his picture?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:58 AM

Yes, you need someone's contest to use their picture. But eh don't worry about it an less it is a big crime no one cares about the Internet.

Ads

Yes, you need permission to use someones picture. Plus, you could be charged and suspended/expelled under anti-bullying rules.

It's harassment, contributing to a "hostile environment" nevertheless. I wouldn't do anything with friends that you wouldn't be willing to do alone, in other words, people are meaner when there are more than one of you but you're both in trouble now so it's not worth it. this kind of thing always bites you back somehow in the end. but thanks for sharing your story because it might prevent someone else from doing the same thing. think about the anguish this kind of things causes--would you want it?

at the very least I hope you do a REAL apology to the other person and stop bothering them, no matter how annoying they may be. your question here has probably helped some think twice, so thanks again, really. my son is very impulsive and is the kind of kid who would consider dfoing something like this to someone else; now I get to tell him not to when I hadn't thought of this as something to warn him about before.....

Could be a violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act since the tweets would seem to be written by the person in the picture but are not. This is a federal law; many states now have similar laws.

Yes it is if the person goes to police station to complaint and they confirm it through your IP address then they will arrest you for harassment

Identity theft is a crime.

Just because you didn't use his real name doesn't mean you didn't steal his likeness. When you created an account using his picture, you stole his identity.

Yes they're Gina keel u

You broke a few laws. Just go and remove it and pray that the parents of the person you were trying to torture let it drop.

Life is a series of lessons. Now you know better than to do something as unsophisticated as that the next time. Don't you? Well, don't you?