This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How I can get traffic on my website?
11-19-2012, 02:50 AM
How I can get traffic on my website?
I have created a website but have very less visitors on my website. What is the best way to get more visitors to my website.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:59 AM

Here are a few steps that may help you:

1) Optimize your site. By this I mean modify it, enhance it, improve it. Make sure the content is good, and the links are all relevant and working, and the coding is compatible with all browsers. Essentially, you want to make sure your site is Crawlable (search engines use crawlers that are like robots--they visit web pages and collect data and then post it on search engines--thats how you get to see search results).

2) Once your site is good to go, use PPC (Pay-Per-Click) and select keywords.

PPC is basically an advertising tool to get more traffic to your website. You (the advertisor) pays the host (directories like Google, Msn, Yahoo) to list your website, and when someone CLICKS on your website's link (on the search engine/directory), you pay the host (usually the fee is negotiable).

When your using PPC advertising tool, what your doing is targeting an audience that is already searching for you and your products (by going on searching engines and using keywords to find your products). So you have to think to youself "what kind of keywords will they be using to find my products?". Once you've answered this question, BUY those keywords from PPC Directories (like Google Adword, Yahoo, and MSN Advcenter).

For instance, if your a welding company, buy keywords like "resistance welding" or "welding".

3) Once your engaging in PPC Management, put web analytics into place (Google Analytics is a great tool, and its free). What this essentially does it track your web activity, and shows your where your getting the best return on investment (and whether the PPC is generating more traffic to your website).

4) Now you can start the advertising.

Some things you can do is buy listings in industry-specific directories, provide your contact name and number, advertise on media sites, sponsor forums and blogs, send press-releases to relevent publications, etc.

An important thing to note: make sure to engange in LINK CAMPAIGN. Research this term if you are not familiar with it. Basically what it means is that you want to make your site more visible to search engines. How? You have to have inbound links to your website. The more inbound links your have (people/company linking to your site), the higher your website rank. If these inbound links are from highly-recognized and established websites, even better!!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Ads

The answer above is a great answer but why pay for traffic? Invest in learning about search engine optimization and how you can use it on your website. A lot of people don't use paid results and concentrate on the organic search results instead.

From my marketing background I simply believe people don't click on ads, but some do.

If you need more information about SEO visit http://www.jlgmarketingsolutions.com/ where there is a bunch of web marketing information about how to increase your traffic.

Good luck!

Jesse

Basic SEO is must. And links to your site from other sites drive additional traffic. It seems simple, but ask visitors to bookmark or share your site or save it in their Favorites list. I use a widget called tell-a-friend to do this. Other than this use your creativity, viral campaigns to promote your web site.

There are various ways of getting traffic on your website. Few best ways are:

Seo : Do Seo on your website so you are ranked higher on search engines and you get more and more traffic from different search engines.

Classifieds: Post your business ads on different classifieds like kijiji, backpage etc

Social marketing: Market or do social marketing of your website on various social marketing websites like Facebook, Myspace, Orkut etc

Twitter: Become a member of twitter and post various tweets

Forums: Become a part of forums and help people. When you help people include your signature in bottom so visitors can follow signature links and check your website

Article submission: Create articles related to your industry and include your link in bottom so people who read the article can check your website.

Local marketing: Do marketing in local news paper, radio etc. Also distribute nice post cards to different locations.

1] Classifieds; use them as a lot of people browse them;
Vivastreet
Locanto
LocalAds
Craigslist
Adoos
e-Corkboard
Franglo
Adtrader

2] Social networking sites; team up with people interested in health and beauty;
Facebook
Bebo
MySpace
Ning

Tip: You can repost your ad on a weekly, monthly basis with some classifieds. With social sites keep people up to date and add new people on a daily basis.