This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
For the record, do fellow conservatives agree that corporate welfare is wrong?
11-19-2012, 02:51 AM
For the record, do fellow conservatives agree that corporate welfare is wrong?
I constantly see liberal responses that call out conservatives for being opposed to social welfare, but favoring corporate welfare.
1. Is that true?
2. Are certain businesses 'too big to fail?'
Edit@chupate:
But the smoker gets a benefit from the cigarette, however unhealthy. Conservatives argue that corporate welfare is unbeneficial to all but the inept managers whose ineptness is being subsidized by the public. How do we benefit?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:59 AM

Of course. It's the seed of corruption.

The Democrats here gave Geico $130 Million to set up shop in my town. Competitors had to pay for that, and Warren Buffet sure needs the money! Mr. Big Liberal taking taxpayer money. Interesting, isn't it?

Ads

Yes, it is. Nothing is too big to fail. Failure is what motivates us to do better.

Corporate welfare is completely wrong. If a business cannot survive because no one wants their product, they need to go out of business (and this is coming from someone who works in an industry that probably won't survive more than another year - even I agree)

Yes, you should have the freedom to prosper and the freedom to fail. I have many times. I've lost everything and worked my way back up.

As a conservative there should have been NO bailouts...those companies should have filed for bankruptcy or cease to exist PERIOD!

Without failure there can be no success!

Yes, it is either a form of artificial price control or a corrupt giveaway to a connected crony (say that 5 times fast...).

"Too big to fail" is ideal, in reality everything can fail, and things that don't produce should.

I think some agree just like a chain smoker would agree smoking is bad for health after buying 5 cartons...

Well, if you ask a Libertarian, corporate welfare is not only wrong but it also makes the free market weaker. In fact, if the government intervenes in any form, the market simply cannot be considered a free market.

And I don't believe any businesses are too big to fail. It is part of the natural cycle that weak businesses get weeded out every so often. It's what allows for healthy competition.

The liberals think Fannie mae and Freddie Mac are too big to fail because they continue to pump billions of dollars into them.