This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm hearing a lot of about wattpad. Should I put my work there?
11-19-2012, 02:51 AM
I'm hearing a lot of about wattpad. Should I put my work there?
I'm working on a really really awesome novella and when I'm finished I plan to put it in the Amazon market to get some cash. Should I put it on wattpad instead? What is that site all about anyway? Can it help me make money?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:00 AM

It's hard for me to take wattpad seriously because of the horrendously low quality work I find there. I don't think it's good for very much except critique (even that is questionable) and definitely not for making money. If you're planning on self-publishing (which I personally do not recommend) I think you should just post up a few excerpts if you're really keen on getting some feedback before putting it up on Amazon. I still don't like wattpad though Tongue I actually get better quality feedback on deviantArt even though the writing community is smaller. There's a good forum thread where you can ask for critique here: http://forum.deviantart.com/art/literature/1649830/ though I think the works have to be posted on dA for it work.
I hope this helps, good luck with your novel! Smile

Ads

Wattpad is a site where amateur writers can put up stories of different genres and stuff up for other people to read and comment on. I have an account on it and I know of two people (I'm sure there are more) that have had stuff published and put on Amazon and stuff, and I say go for it! If you decide to and have any questions, you can ask me the_evil_pepsi.

That site isn't much of a publishng site its more of a share your story site. But some people get found there. I have one and its kind of fun to be on. It has a drop down menu that let's you pick your copyright and or you can write your own ompeople ussually listen to that I think. People can vote on your story from wattpad, facebook and twitter and can even make you covers or you can make your own cover bussiness. They have groups based on story genres and competitions (that they hold) where you can start discussians,meet new people and share or swap stories. There are compititions and faning in which people can become fans of your writing or you of theirs. Its pretty interesting and fun you can even find a partner to work with. You can post all your stories there read other works comment and vote.And they are all interested in writing. And reading. Like a school for writers with out the teachers and boring hw assignments.

No. Bad idea, posting stuff online is baaaad for copyright issues.

I don't think you should what if someone steals your idea. The site shows other people your book. Nope its free reading. So you wont be able to make some cash.

Don't go with wattpad. The stories are very poorly written.