This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does 'background data enabled' mean on Android phones?
11-19-2012, 02:56 AM
What does 'background data enabled' mean on Android phones?
When I go to the market or try to download an app from the website, the market comes up with a message saying that the background data must be enabled. When I try to fix it, it says that the data is enabled.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:04 AM

background data enabled means the market will allow you to download an app while you go do something else, like lock the screen, or use facebook or twitter or pandora or vevo or surf the web or do weather app or whatever app while the new app is downloading at the same time....

background data enabled should always be enabled on any phone... but there are some that want complete control over their data usage due to these idiot retard wireless carriers and thier data caps... so, Google gives us choice... i have unlimited data... my option is always set to ON..

if you set to ON... and it still asks, then you have a app conflict.... go to settings>applications>manage applications> click ALL tab>go to Market> clear cache and clear data... exit out of all that... wait 1 minute.... click on market app... accept terms (Again)... and it should not do this again...

if it does... repeat the above... this time turn phone off and remove battery afterwards... wait 3 min... insert battery and turn on.. wait 5 min and let phone boot up... go to market... accept terms (Again)... and it should not do this again...

if it does.... then you need to contact Google...im out of ideas... lmao! Clearing cacheand data always usually fixes any app....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply