This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is the economic crisis effecting you?
11-19-2012, 03:03 AM
How is the economic crisis effecting you?
I'm am posting this question to obtain material for a paper I am writing for school. I appreciate all feedback. Feel free to write about who or what you think is responsible for these tough economic times, and possible solutions to get us out of it.
whoops...affecting you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:11 AM

affect

country>>jobs>> You

Ads

my job relies on other companies buying from my company...

other companies aren't selling as much, because people are getting laid off and don't have as much money to buy...

so the companies aren't buying as much from my company...

so, my company has had to makes personnel cuts... which means... more work for me...

you can remove the person, but you don't remove the work... yay!

I am not suffering at all. You must always be prepared for bad times. The economy may be in a downward spiral but things happen in life anyhow. People get sick, have accidents, etc. I have saved more than what experts recommend. Way more. I really don't know why I was so focused on making sure I had financial security but I like the peace of mind of knowing that no matter what happens, my finances will be fine.

I also own two houses which are paid off. I was going to sell one but now I am just renting it out. I paid those off as fast as I could. Knowing that I own my house is a big relief.

It hasn't affected me yet, but I am a college student just working as a part time cashier right now. I might feel the blow when I get out of college and can't find a job...or if we go into a depression and I can't get loans for school...

In a way its helping me to spent more time with family and friends.

I dont have a job yet.

To be honest, I live in Michigan. Its not really had an effect on me. I have no extensive debt. I will never own a new car. Other than that, all is well. Where I am located, I know of no one who has lost their home. There are some layoffs in the area but unemployment benefits are in their early stages for these people. What I have noticed is the further deterioration of infrastructure. Roads are falling apart. Pot holes everywhere.

I don't think anything has changed for me recently. I work in healthcare. I make the same amount of money, and there is the same amount of work out there for me. I think capitalism is ultimately responsible for the crisis. This is the type of situation capitalism naturally leads to as businesses try to increase profits at all costs. Government is involved in the economic system - whether they do something or they don't do something, either way they influence the economic system. I believe the US government is much to supportive and accommodating to this greediness.

i used to sell,design and oversee the construction of new homes - no more.

i'm back in school at 47yo.