This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the skills that I need to run a website business?
11-19-2012, 03:04 AM
What are the skills that I need to run a website business?
I want to display some useful info on my site to earn money. I am not talking about designing part, I know how to launch a website but don't know how to get advertisements from companies, marketing, managing, updating, customer service and there are many more things that we need to run a website business or any other business in which we are selling our services. Do I need to do any kind of course. Do I need to hire staff for it. Please help thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:13 AM

Getting Advertisers

Getting people to advertise on your site while it is still a site that doesn't receive a lot of traffic is very difficult.

And I know that because I had that problem.

What I did was to offer them advertisement for free for three months and thereafter at a flat rate, starting cheap and increasing as my visitors grew.

Other venues you can follow is:
Offerforge
Traffic Synergy
Addbrite
Google Adsense

This way you can put banners on your site and get paid per click.

Marketing:

You could make use of Google Adwords to get you site on the first page of Google, but you do have to pay for it though.

Make use of Facebook, Twitter

Post your site in classiefieds sites

And make use of printed media, videos on youtube and word of mouth.

Talk about your site as much as possible.

Managing:

Not so expertise on this, I use Joomla which does the managing for me.

Updating:

I update my site/blog once a week. I find it help a lot with ranking and people like updates. Whenever I update my site/blog i post it to digg and twitter.

If I have an idea of what your site is about, I could help you more.

Good luck

Ads

The #1 thing that needs your concentration is getting website traffic, everything else will come later. In order to get traffic (that you don't have to pay for) you will need to have keyword-enhanced web pages based on popular keywords without enormous competition. You find these keywords through keyword research. After you have the content built, you will need to concentrate on getting links into your site from directories and relevant websites. Article marketing is a great way to get links that will increase your search engine ranking. Make sure that your website has sufficient traffic before you start any marketing or spend any money on staff.

Hi there you talking about how to market your website effectively and convert your visitors into buyers right? well there is a lot of technique you can use to do this and make your website a very successful business and a one you can profit from. To learn more visit http://www.starthonesthomebusiness.com

If you interested MLM business visit http://www.earnwhileyousleep.net

Have you tried http://www.TheMuseMen.com? They have a few services that either help you start a company or actually start it for you and just pay part of the profits.