This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is the personal life of an X Ray Technician like?
11-19-2012, 03:05 AM
How is the personal life of an X Ray Technician like?
I am planning to be an X ray technician and I was considering how much free time X RAY Techs have out of their job. Do you have time for your hobbies, traveling, party?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:13 AM

you are still probably only going to work 40 hrs per week (plus meal breaks)- just like most jobs

Ads

11-19-2012, 03:13 AM

I'm a radiological technologist. Most xray technologists have two jobs, one full time and one part time just because we like money. Nowadays, there are experienced and new graduates who needs many per diem jobs just to meet 40 hrs because of the poor market in all subfields in radiology. Do we have a life? We have a life whether you like to work or not. When I started I had hours that are very hard to have a social life but I deal with it and I still see my friends, and etc. If you are the type to just want to party, maybe this is not the job for you because your first job might just be not fulltime but to have per diem jobs with weird hours. The market for us is very bad but it's not so bad for xray technologists compared to other positions but you have to deal with bad machines, and nasty employers that could be doctors and you may also have to deal with clerical duties that never was taught in school like billing. I do have a life my main job now is a PET/CT technologist but I also have a part time job every Saturday just to make extra cash and a business to run. I mean it's up to you. It's the same for a pharmacist who makes six figures in a year but has lousy hours and they will definitely tell you that. It is very rare for anyone regardless what position you have in any field you are in to say, I love my job. I honestly will say I love my job because Im in a very prestigious institution that treats me right regardless if the work is right up to the ceiling and that is far a lot better than having a life that drink everyday and have meaningless goals. It's up to you kid, but to let you know there are very few jobs as a radiological technologist.