This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions for former blackberry owners that switched to android?
11-19-2012, 03:05 AM
Questions for former blackberry owners that switched to android?
I'm looking to switch from my BB 9700 to either the Samsung Vibrant or the HTC Vision. What are the main differences in the OS (besides touch)? Is it easy to switch between sound profiles & turning wireless on & off? Does it have a good stock organizer (I know it has a calendar, but what about a notepad & to-do list)? What else can you tell me about the differences?

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:14 AM

It's not quite as easy to switch between sound profiles out of the box, but there are several free apps that make switching sound profiles as easy as a single tap.

The OS is, IMO, much more intuitive and less confusing to locate specific things. You have access to over 100,000 apps in the market, so there's more freedom for games and tools. You can put widgets on the home screen, so all your information is available without any clicking or tapping, and minimal scrolling.

It doesn't have a stock notepad or to-do list (at least mine didn't, that may have changed), but there are dozens of choices in the app store. It DOES have QuickOffice for MS Office document reading, and I personally use gTasks for to-do lists (it has a widget I keep on my main screen) and GDocs Notepad for notes, and both of those sync to Google in the great cloud in the electronic sky so if something happens to your phone, the info is saved and retrievable. Oh, and they're both free. :3

Also, Android Agenda Widget is an amazing calendar widget that I use to keep my upcoming appointments on the home screen of my phone. Between that and gTasks, I don't have to push a single button to see what needs doing and when I need to be where.

I would recommend an Android phone with HTC Sense UI. I love the user interface, it's very intuitive, and has more options than stock Android. If you're not a social butterfly, don't bother with Samsung or Motorola's options.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply