This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello, can you any body please tell me about Google wave?
11-19-2012, 03:06 AM
Hello, can you any body please tell me about Google wave?
it's a concept of marketing ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:15 AM

It's googles iteration of email + chat + facebook + twitter all wrapped into one.

A 'wave' is like an email message, but it's live, can have things added or edited by anyone who is participating in it. Participants can add themselves if its public (to your list of people in your address book) or they can be kept private and have only specific people added. You can type/read messages live as they are being made. They support embedded pictures and code gadgets that allow for things like maps and polls.

You can start a wave like you would tweet something: "I really like cheese" - and people can reply. It then acts like a forum, just with live updates, and a few more features.

Is it marketing? damn straight. Google does nothing that won't pay off in the long run. They are harvesting your information to use as reference to what adverts are most likely to be effective on you. Same as google search and gmail, even google maps. It forms a profile of you - locations, interests, common words you use - and picks advertisers that have products you're more likely to buy to advertise to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply