This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has anyone had this happen? (Hack/spam/etc. question)?
11-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Has anyone had this happen? (Hack/spam/etc. question)?
I don't know which website did it, but I evidently entered my phone number to a website, and It is now using my number to tweet ads on my twitter which then post to my myspace and to text my friends. Does anyone know what website this is or how to stop it? I'm worried because It's embarrassing when a friend asks what IQ test I'm talking about. Any thing helps! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:16 AM

I've never used twitter, but if your phone number is your password, or one of your security questions in case you forgot your password, then giving it to someone via a fake website would compromise your account yes.

Again, I don't use twitter so I'm not sure of the set up, but try changing your password, and security questions, if that fails, delete your account and start another one, with a secure password, and don't give out information.

You can download Trend Micro Transaction Guard for free, it protects against keylogging, and Trend Protect will help stop you from going to phishing sites in the first place.

Ads

If it's using the numbers in your phone book, it's either a virus on your phone, or it's to do with a website that contains all of those contact details.

If you are registered to a site that keeps all of these details, try changing your password to it. Else, remove the details from it.

Dave

Contact your service provider (sprint, verizon, t-mobile, etc.) And tell them.