This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is the difference between Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour?
11-19-2012, 03:09 AM
What exactly is the difference between Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour?
I really honestly don't know and seeing as im legally able to vote id like to know what each parties ideologies are - no ones ever explained properly!
Yes i should have explained I'm looking at UK politics not US ones.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:18 AM

None.

Ads

nothing really- they get in, they mess up, EVERY party does it

It should be noted that you are talking about the British political parties. You might get answers from Americans who don't know better and are explaining them in terms of our politics.

Conservatives - don't like change; they favor business interests, don't believe in as much social spending or programs to help the poor. They want to keep their money rather than give it to other people.

Liberal Democrats - progressive views, believe helping the poor and middle class at the expense of the rich is justifiable, support rights for all people including gays, believe strongly in environmental protection, forward looking.

Labour - the party of the average worker, believe making life better for middle class Brits is what government should strive to do, worker's rights

I predict that a lot of retarded Americans will answer here, never noticing that you are British even the U.S. does not have a Labour party.

Conservatives / Labour... They are the same..

Lib Dems.......... They don't know who they are !!!

lol i find it funny how everyone calls americans idiots

In the US at least, the following applies.

Conservatives, who tend to be republicans or GOP believe that people serve the institution, in allowing events to unfold with minimal interference. That government should stay out of business and let the market work as it will. They tend to abhore social programs.

Democrats, who tend to be liberal, believe that the instututions should serve the people and that events should be controlled for the betterment of the human condition. They believe that the government should assist businesses, but also regulate them and give incentives to share the wealth. Democrats believe im promoting social programs.

Can't speak to labor. I know that conservative and liberal are different in the UK and the US.

Conservative - economically liberal (low tax, free trade), socially conservative (tough on crime etc). Their economic philosophy can be summed up as "share the proceeds of growth". Its bullsh.t though - the rich get richer and the poor stay poor

Labour - these days they are the same as Conservative, though they do at least have a few MPs who are not so vile

Lib Dem - economically liberal, socially liberal. Absolutely useless

In short, the 3 main parties are crap for the average Brit. If you want to find out why they are crap then start here...

http://libcom.org/thought/libertarian-co...troduction

Capitalism = 18 million people die every year cos of hunger and poverty. Thats why the world needs to change. The world wont change with any of our 3 main parties in charge

If you want to know which country has the best politics, look up Sweden = best society in the world

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Col...39,00.html

They actually look after their children there! Not like UK - see UK child poverty rates!

None - thats why people are so fed up with politics now !