This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get started in the blogging world?
11-19-2012, 03:11 AM
How do I get started in the blogging world?
I really want to start my own website/blog where I talk about random things what I think, my opinions, and kind of like an advice columnist. But I also want a chance to work with other companies that will sponsor my blog, so I can gain some recognition for my blog. I know you have a pay a yearly or monthly fee for a domain name and web host site but i dont want to put all that effort and money into something that won't be successful. Any advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 03:19 AM

What you need is... website, sitebuilder, list of companies/websites that you want to work with.

It's really not expensive to host a website... I have mine at SiteServing and it's just a couple of dollars a month. You can pay monthly or yearly... you choose. You also get a free sitebuilder that has a ton of template... you then can create your blog and design it around your idea of what you want. Really really easy to use.. click, drag and drop kind of stuff but it looks very professional.

For making money and attracting more people.... a great thing to do is "feature" people/businesses/websites.... they love it because they get some marketing for free.. and you love it because it makes your website more interesting and credible.

You can also do Google Adsense and other ads that can make you a lot of money.. really adds up. You should focus on good keywords when you write and have some social media like twitter and facebook for your site also.

SiteServing also has an affiliate program.. where you get paid to refer.. you get unique banners and links and when someone buys.. you get paid up to $150 per sale. That may be the way to go for you.

Hope this is helpful for you!!

SiteServing: http://www.siteserving.com

Affiliate: http://www.siteserving.com/affiliates

Ads

11-19-2012, 03:19 AM

1. Register your domain name from a reputable domain name company for one year.
2. Sing up for a monthly web hosting plan with a reputable provider.
3. Build your web site, you can use free blog themes which are distributed over the internet.

* A domain name provider I recommend is: Name.com
* A web hosting provider I recommend is: HostNurse.com