This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my dads wall metal art sell alot better in person then on the internet?
11-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Why does my dads wall metal art sell alot better in person then on the internet?
My dad made 6 thousand dollars in sales in one day but on the internet he gets no bids. Is it because our stuff looks alot better in person?http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=368687216&albumId=350656

Theres a link to his art work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Things always look way better in person then on the internet. It could be that the camera he is using to take pics are low quality. Maybe he should invest in a high quality camera for better pictures.

Ads

You dad could use more aggressive internet marketing like setting up a website or maybe a blog, and showcase his products there.

It may be because people can visualise what the product will look like when it is in front of them in Real Life TM. The picture(s) may not provide the detail and inspiration people get when they can see, touch and move/position the object.

People in general tend to buy what they see and can feel rather then seeing a picture of something on the net. Good example
Frieza, would you buy a dress on line without trying it on or being able to feel the material I don't think you would Right ? That's just how people are
I want you to tell your Dad for me, that I think his art is beautiful .
And he does my favorite things Indian art I fell in love with his stuff the moment I got on the site you sent
. Amazingly Beautiful.Be sure to tell him I said so.

Oh, my! His work is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure it is even more beautiful in person. Also, if your Dad is there in person, chatting with people about his art, I'm sure they are intrigued to meet the artist and find more meaning in the art than just from seeing it online.

If he passes out business cards with his website link and contact information to people who see his art in person, they might be more likely to go online or email or call and ask to buy more of his art, since they have already seen it and love it.

I see there are only 2 "friends" on the "MySpace" account. You have to join groups and make friends to draw traffic to your page. Also, if he builds a Facebook account as well, when he posts art on "MySpace, he would probably have the option to cross post it to Facebook as well.

He would need to join groups and make friends with people online who like his type of work. Then, he could feature a different piece each week by posting a blog about along with the picture. This would remind people to come back and check out his work. If you have a teenager in the family who is "Facebook Savy", they could show him how to find friends and be sure people got a notice when he posts something new.

It would be good just to chat and be friendly on Facebook and MySpace as well, because the networking is as important as the posting of the art. Be sure to have prices listed with the pieces, perhaps in a blog, so people will know what to expect, and a way for them to pay for it. People need those details.

Becoming an active part of online community is a big part of making sales online. People need to "see" you and know you're real.

Another way to increase sales... become involved with a charitable cause and offer to donate a percent of every sale to the cause. A friend of mine who paints pet portraits gives a percentage of each sales to pet charities. In exchange, they are eager to post her link and a painting on their site. She posts notices of pet charity events, animals that need homes, etc. on her site, as well as her paintings. See how it is a "give and take" situation? She really cares about the animals, so she's glad to promote their needs, and when pet lovers see her paintings, they want her to paint a portrait of their pet, also knowing part of the money will go to support a pet charity.

I hope you find this helpful and that your uncle's sales increase!

There are no prices listed and there is nothing to give one an idea of the size. Which would make this specific myspace website rather useless for advertisement. There is also no information that they are for sale, who made them and so on. If you are trying to use this website to sell them, at least say so. People won't be able to read your mind and you will have to give out some information about who made them and why and what the ideas behind them is. People prefer to have some connection to the artist otherwise it could be made by a machine. Design a website with some information on it...

While of good craftsmanship the items are not that unique that I would feel I have to buy them on the internet. In the southwest there are many stores which offer similar items. I would recommend finding a store which has a lot of tourist travel and figure out how to sell through there e.g. commission based. I am sure they would sell reasonably well.