This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which is the most despicable lie from the Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi Healthcare camp?
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Which is the most despicable lie from the Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi Healthcare camp?
1. "If you like it you can keep it"
FACTCHECK!
To be fair, Pelosi's bill does not literally outlaw your current insurance company, nor does it outlaw your employer from continuation of offering the current options. But that's about where it ends. The current bills are so disruptive to the current healthcare cost structure that it is absolutely irresponsible for the President to be claiming "if you like it you can keep it" since in all likelihood the decision will not be yours to make. Moreover, everyone who has looked closely at the design of Pelosi's bill is lying if they don't admit it is designed to run the private insurers out of business leaving us bankrupt with a gov't-run single-payer system.
Don't believe me? Check out these two links and you decide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBccTF7Ygo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAyan1fXCE

2.Obama and Pelosi will provide healthcare more affordable by reducing its cost.
FACTCHECK!
According to the Bipartisan CBO, which usually slightly underestimates cost is telling everyone their bill increases the cost of healthcare from the status quo (i.e. doing nothing):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31949211/ns/..._politics/

3. The protestors at town halls are un-American do not represent a bonafide grass roots movement as they have been sent by the insurance companies.
FACTCHECK!
Not true, but judge for yourself:
http://www.northjersey.com/multimedia/vi...13557.html
By the way, here is staged info on Obama's event in NH:
The cute little girl who asked Obama how do kids know what is true and why do people want a new health care system? Her name is Julia Hall and she's 11 years old. Her mother is an attorney, Kathleen Manning Hall. On Kathleen Hall's Facebook page there's a picture of her with Barack Obama. She has contributed thousands of dollars to Obama, and her law firm has contributed thousands more. Now you tell me what the chances are that she was randomly called on at the ObamaEvent.

5. Tort Reform only represents 1% of total healthcare costs.
FACTCHECK!
This tort reform estimate grossly underestimate a small subset of direct payouts to lawyers which as of 2003 was about $50 billion annually and has grown. Moreover it does not include the inurance doctors must pay and the shortage of doctors that result due to liabilty of specific types of doctors. No one wants to remove penalties for doctors who screw up, but rewarding lawyers with million dollar awards cannot be helping to make healthcare more affordable.
http://www.triallawyersinc.com/healthcare/hc05.html

6. I can rely on FACTCHECK sites to sort out what is fact or fiction in the healthcare debate.
FACTCHECK!
No. Do your own research. Partisan interests on both sides, though mainly for Obama & Pelosi's benefit have manipulated these pieces to "lobby" for their cause. Here is one conservative site that explains how it works:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-she...t-checkers

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM

How much do HMOs pay you sock puppets to spam Y! Answers and town hall meetings against decent health care for US Citizens?

Ads

You left out the whopper about the AARP supporting this boondoggle.

If his lips are moving he's telling a lie.

Obama is despicable because he constantly uses lies and scare tactics to manipulate the public. But, then he later denies his own lies and scare tactics.

His two most recent lies are to claim that AARP and the Mayo Clinic support his health care plan.

Yet, both AARP and the Mayo clinic refute that claim.

Obama thinks Americans are stupid and easily manipulated. He is now finding out how wrong he is.

Very true. I just can't figure out of this administration is only trying to make "history" or if they are truly trying to completely destroy this country.

Thank you! Information that tells it like it is...fair and balanced!

Unfortunate condition of this country at this time is lack of ability or laziness by too many people who would rather surface the issue and ignore the facts

Confusion, deceit, and half truths permeate every statement that seems to come from Obama and Pelosi.

Yesterdays "Town Meeting in Portsmouth, NH" was a perfect example of Obamas blatant disregard for the facts. The sheer audacity to lie and then tell people "Stick with the Facts" is beyond the pale!

Planted questions, using a child, AARP, on and on...abuse of power! These examples are the least of concern to me however.

The distortion and confusion regarding the real costs and eventual absolute take-over of our Health Care system is horrible.

Misrepresentations of costs to quality health, competitive pricing, protection of the consumer and the absolute right to choose ones choice of insurance are only a few examples of his lack of trust-worthiness!

This is not reform...it is robbery! Pelosi is so irresponsible that she is not worth commenting on. The President has created from his false posturing the back-lash from those who are fed up with being lied to.

That is a Fact!

this plan will help the economy. that;s a great one. how can using all this money on this insane plan from an already broke country going to help the economy? and plz don;t say people will get health care free. with all his stipulations on who and who does not get it and tax here tax there and by the time he runs the private drs out of busine4ss and the insurance companies wow he is really helping everyone isn;t he.This country is heading for one big fall.

Doctors cut off peoples feet because they get more money is my favorite one. Who are these doctors I want to make sure I don't go to one haha.

i dont believe much that comes out of obamas mouth as his track record shows he has a habit of telling half truths and lies so i never know what to think as is normal with most presidents .but as for pelosi as soon as she opens her pie hole i just know its a lie or half truth.she had to be dropped off a space ship from the planet zoldar when they decided to transfer all their idiots to other planets and she was the leader of the idiots .there is something very seriously wrong with her ,i dont know if she suffers from botox shock ,drug issues or just plain old stupid.only it might be the worst case of stupid in history.makes me wonder about the people who elected her a lot guess it was a big ship from zoldar that would explain frisco.