This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think my sister hates me?
10-03-2012, 08:15 AM
I think my sister hates me?
I'll have to tell the full story on here.. I don't use my real name on this, and I won't use her real name, so I'm not doing anything wrong.. anyway.

I have this really close friend who I call my 'big sister', I'm 17, she's 20, I love her more than most people and I literally see her as a sister..
She has an ongoing problem, something really terrible happened to her 3 years ago, and repercussions of it are still going on now, she's still heartbroken over what happened plus she has someone bugging her, who's bugged her ever since..
I AM THE ONLY PERSON APART FROM HER FAMILY WHO SHE HAS TRUSTED WITH THIS.
It is the biggest deal, and her worst fear is of people finding out, she knows I would never tell anyone, so she's trusted me with every single detail, when she's sad I've stayed up with her nearly every night sometimes until around 4am just until she falls asleep so I know she's ok, I've been a VERY good friend to her and she always tells me that, she's told me she could never repay me for the things I do for her, I always tell her it breaks my heart knowing she feels like this and I wish there was more I could do but she always just says dont be silly you do enough, I love you, all thatSad
3 weeks ago tomorrow, I was out with her, she wasn't drinking but I was.. I drank a LOT. But I remember everything I did, I know I definitely didnt betray her confidence and tell anyone anything, and she knows that aswell.
But while I was drunk I was unknowingly doing little things that she later told me had annoyed her, like there was a girl there she didn't like and I shouted something about this girl *cringe*, stuff like that..
But the main reason she's annoyed with me is, she has these panic attacks, and apparently she had two huge ones and I was too drunk to notice..
Obviously if I had have noticed I'd have dropped EVERYTHING to help her, just as I have every other night over the phone, my god I love her so much!
I am mortified that I didn't notice, I hate myself, I've been harming myself and everything because I can't deal with the guilt (I could never ever tell her that because she'd just think I'm attention seeking)
She's barely spoken to me since.
It was 10 days after this had happened that I finally got her to tell me what I'd done wrong, and she said that the best thing I can do is leave her for a BIT and not speak to her, and that's what I've tried to do, but then a few days later, I was writing things on twitter about someone else and she thought it was about her and she sent me a horrible message, I explained how it wasn't about her and she calmed down a bit more, and I was saying, well since you've started this message now, when will I be able to start speaking to you again? And she said she 'just needs time', I asked how much and she says she doesn't know, she wasn't being horrible by then, she was calm, that means she does plan to speak to me again right?
So I planned to wait another week and not speak to her again AT ALL until today.
Then on Sunday, something awful happened to me that's different to this situation, I told my other friend who lives in a different city, and this friend told the girl who's angry with me that something horrible had happened to me and she needs to speak to me, when I DID NOT WANT HER TO KNOW THAT UNTIL I TOLD HERSad
And she texted her back saying 'If she's speaking to you then she'll be fine, she needs to stop this tbh coz I'm just getting more annoyed'
The only thing keeping me going is that she hasn't deleted me off anything, I still have her on bbm, she still follows me on twitter, I'm still friends with her on facebook etc, so surely that means that this isn't permanent? Doesn't it?</3
So today as planned, I texted her, I sent the longest most emotional text and explained how I didn't tell my other friend to tell her anything (because I know she thinks I told her to do it</3)
And I wrote a load of things, I said how if she needs more time I'll give her it but can she just tell me how much, and how this has been 3 weeks now so can we please move on?
That was 8am this morning, she hasn't replied.
Also, yesterday someone anonymously asked her a question of who her best friends are (that wasn't me either) and she wrote 3 names and didn't put me and said they were her 'closest', then tweeted how I'm 'so obviously writing her questions' when I didn't. So everyone thinks she just said it to get at me, which I'm hoping she did, I'd rather think that than think I'm not one of her favourites anymore:'(</3 Awkwardly enough, these 3 people know nothing about her secret life and all her problems, it's only me who knows and who helps her with it.
I've been crying since I saw that question, I just can't d
Thankyou to the first two, the second one made me feel a LOT better, I hope to God you're right! But the third boy down there, why would you be so horrible to post such a callous, unexplained remark to someone who feels so bad.

(Other details: I actually did ask her if she hates me while we were talking and she said 'no why r u sayin that?Confused x')

I'll leave it a few weeks if that's what it needs, it'll kill me but I'll do it

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 08:23 AM

No she doesn't hate you. She just wants time away from her little sister. shes probably in college and wanting her own space. just dont contact her at all and give it a few more weeks. i promise it'll all blow over

Ads

ya she hates you get over it

I'm sorry. You truly are heartbroken about all of this. </3 Just give her time to cool off a bit. I know you've already given her plenty of time but she might need a little more. Then give her a sincere apology. Not from an email, not from a text, but from you. Face to face. She needs to know that it isn't you who is writing all those tweets. Let her know that you'll always be there for her. Then let her know how much this is hurting you and it's hurting you a lot more than she thinks it is. Your sister doesn't hate you, all friends have a falling out, no matter how close they are.

I hope you and her work this all out, truly...

The best thing you can do is give her the time she is asking for. Yea you might treat her like shes your sister but she is not.. you are not rsponsable for her and she need to stop being so childish. if what ever happen to her was bad then she needs to get help and stop acting like an a** with you since you have helped her on everything. my advice is give her time if she doont try talking to you again let it be she is not a good friend if she going to be mad for what ever you did you have a life too.. good luck