This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Metal Gear Solid 5 - interquel?
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Metal Gear Solid 5 - interquel?
So let me get this straight: Is MGS5 going to be after MGS4 or before MG? Cause they said that they wanted Snake to die in MGS4, but they aren't going to, so that can only mean they cure him or something. Or is it like MGS3 in that it's another prequel? I'm confused!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:32 AM

Firstly, lets talk about Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Ground Zeroes will be a prequel set after MGS: Peace Walker and before Metal Gear Solid 5. We will play as Big Boss in Ground Zeroes, however back in June of this year, Hideo Kojima himself confirmed that Solid Snake will be back in MGS5. A few days after MGS Ground Zeroes was revealed Kojima confirmed on his Twitter that MGS Ground Zeroes IS NOT MGS5, and that after MGS Ground Zeroes gets released, MGS5 will still be coming for the Next - Gen Consoles (most likely).

So since he has gone on record of saying that MGS Ground Zeroes will be a prologue to MGS5, I believe that MGS5 will be set after MGS Ground Zeroes and before the original MSX Metal Gear. And that we will be playing as Solid Snake in MGS5. So MGS5 will be a prequel.

The reason I think Kojima talked about wanting to kill Solid Snake was not only at the end of MGS4 (cause he has stated that he originally wanted Snake to die at the end of MGS4), but he also wanted to be done with him altogether. If you've noticed, ever since he finished MGS4 he's kinda steered away from the Solid Snake character altogether and focused more on Raiden and especially Big Boss. It only makes sense that MGS5 be his final MGS game (aside from remakes of the original MSX Metal Gears) and end the series with Solid Snake, the true main character of the series.

I hope this helped clear some of your confusion.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply