This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is twitter a problem in a realtionship?
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
is twitter a problem in a realtionship?
I dont really like face book and twitter my partner does, i dont relly care about face book as i understand it, is twitter a sight that can be used to go behind some ones back an cheat? I have concerns, I was told you cant send private messages and stuff on there yet I have just noticed you can. I may just be silly, but social net works come between relatioships and i dunno weather twitter is a problem?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM

There really are no private messages. You can directly tweet to someone, but others can see it. I wouldn't see Twitter as a threat to your relationship.

Ads

Hi like any type of media if they want to cheat they will twitter or not so invest in making ur relationship solid and if ur partner feels same then good if not then twitter/facebook wont make any difference see it's all about TRUSTif u get my drift so yeah ♥

no twitter is just a sight where you say random or really funny things to a bunch of people that follow you. then you put a hash tag with something that describes what your doing like "i'm answering stuff on yahoo answers #topcontributor" i think your safe when it comes to twitter and really most social media sites. if you really wanted to cheat on someone don't you think email or a phone would be easier?

Twitter is a ranting application, its for venting and self advertising. But its all public.

Twitter can be used to cheat, but the cheater would have to be pretty thick headed not to realize that everyone would be able to see what they are "tweeting". Is it a problem for cheating? Highly doubt it. Problem for breeding narcissism? Absolutely.

You are right about social networking sites disrupting relationships in this day and age. According to an article by ABC News, "Twenty percent of divorces involve Facebook and 80 percent of divorce lawyers have reported a spike in the number of cases that use social media for evidence, according to a survey by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. "

I would be more concerned about Facebook to be honest.

I am guessing that you are concerned already or else you would not be asking this question. Be proactive, protect yourself. There are products out there like CatchAnyone sells that can ease your mind.