This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just got a twitter and three random people have followed me?
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
I just got a twitter and three random people have followed me?
I got a twitter just to follow famous people I like, and I didn't tell anybody about it. I just checked it and I have three new follower, and I know none of them. Is it normal for random people to follow you on twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM

Yeah it's normal. What some people do is follow a bunch of random people to get "follow backs" to have many followers. And some followers are fake accounts to spam and spread viruses. This may be one of those two cases, so really I'd say just ignore them for now.

Ads

Yeah its normal! But many of them who follows you are fake twitter accounts. Who are just doing Social Media Marketing. And they will send you spam messages once you follow them back!
So, if you don't spam then try to not follow back every one without knowing that they are real. For this get some tweeting chat with them.. It will be fine! Smile

Yes thats the whole point of twitter, people will follow you because they either like your tweets, because you've said you follow back or because they think you're attractive. so its not a weird thing for strangers to follow you, its just the way twitters meant to be. Of course some of the follows you get will be spam accounts but you just have to make sure you don't follow them back and its pretty easy to tell which are the spam accounts,