This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to become a singer- songwriter. How can I achieve this dream?
11-27-2012, 06:24 AM
I want to become a singer- songwriter. How can I achieve this dream?
this is a link to one of my original songs that I wrote about the spread of rumors: http://youtu.be/rmKvTmnWcaM

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM

Learn how to sing. This is the foundation of your career as a singer. While there are some performers making a career out of singing when they don't really sing all that well, it's those people who have their craft as singers and continually improve their form and ability who command the most respect as singers.

Study singers whom you admire. How do they sing? How did they become professional singers? What kind of crowd do they cater too? What is their signature style? Don't totally copy them though, singers have to be unique!

Begin taking voice lessons. Having a voice coach can really train your voice and, if you practice, you will notice marked vocal improvement within a few weeks. Voice training is important in strength and overall quality of your voice. You can also damage your voice if you aren't singing properly. If you can't afford vocal lessons try a learn at home voice training program like Singing Success or Sing for the Stars as they can teach the basic foundations of voice technique. Find which note your voice is most comfortable singing at and sing there a lot. Its also important to at least know the basics in playing an instrument, particularly the guitar or piano. Even if you cannot play it well, you must have some knowledge of notes and tuning. This will help you to evaluate your singing skills and provide instrumental accompaniment.

Become comfortable as a performer. Get over your stage fright (if you have it) and start gaining some practical experience by singing wherever and whenever you get a chance to do so in front of a group of people (karaoke bars, parties, school talent shows, etc.) Connect with your listeners. Most towns have talent shows and singing contests. Get started by learning as many songs as you can. Ask someone in the business or a teacher what types of songs you are best suited for. Sing out in the public every chance you can get. Or learn to d voice exercises from web sites, books, etc or try making ones of your own.

Develop your own style. Experiment with different ways of singing and different types of music and find one that fits your personality and makes the most of your voice at the same time. You want people to be able to recognize your voice when they hear it.

Get a singing job. No matter how well you can sing, you'll never be a successful singer if you don't convince people to pay you to do it. That could mean joining a band, singing at your local cafe, performing on Broadway, or even recording a jingle for a commercial--your goal is to make a living as a singer. Get to it! You can start to check out the local bands in your area by going to local clubs that offer entertainment. If the band doesn't have a singer, tell them that you would like to join their group. If they are interested, they will want to hear you sing a song or two.

Gather up the courage to sing karaoke at a local bar. Pick a song that fits your vocal range well and practice, practice, practice! When you feel you're ready, sing your heart out.

Get known! Start your career by getting on YouTube,and getting in newspapers. Create Twitter, MySpace music, and Facebook accounts promoting your singing as well. You need a good fan base at the least so your albums will sell!

Here is a link with information about becoming a song-writer:
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Become-...&id=432872

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply