This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast?
11-27-2012, 06:25 AM
What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast?
A few seconds ago, a thirteen year old girl was afraid that she was going to get wrinkles from washing her face (she asked would she get wrinkles, blah, blah). And then I remember awhile back some twelve year old kid was asking about how to get "hard rock abs" for vacation.

What is wrong with kids these days? Although I am seventeen, I remember I did not care about stupid stuff like that three or four years ago (or even now). When I was a preteen, I was always riding on my bike or playing around outside. Heck, I did not even know what stretch marks were. Even now the only thing that I am concerned with is getting into college and getting good grades (oh, and shopping). What is going on here? Could it be the media? It breaks my heart that kids are just so ~*weird*~ nowadays.
London Brown, it is sad that you are wearing make-up and you are only thirteen. I JUST started wearing mascara and blush and I am ONLY seven-teen. I barely wear it anyways. Please live like a child.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:33 AM

Hollywood

Ads

i agree

It's nice to see that there are some teens who have their priorities straigt. Keep up the good work

i agree, I'm 20 and I STILL don't care about some of that stuff, I was reading one question yesterday about a 13 year old trying to talk her parents into letting her go to Japan ALONE wtf? It must be the media these days.

it's the informational age nowadays.

im sorry but i really do. if it matters to you that much i can send you a picture. ok? i dont really care about my appearance that much. i only wear makeup on special occasions. so dont assume that im "trying to grow up too fast"

Yeah, it's all these shows like Oprah and magazines that tell you all of these ways to screw up your life as a child. = ( My kids are 11 and 8 and they both are planning what car they want to get, what they want to be, (In specific detail such as a marine biologist in California) and even what type of car they will drive! They should be worrying about how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie in a tootsie pop! Hehe, I aggre.

Media plays alarge role in the lives of teens and preteens. Fortunately my daughter is 12 and all she wants to do is to play on the playstation play with her friends and spend time with me during the holidays. Then again my daughter is not girlie so she wants to enjoy the last year of her childhood. She is also determined to study hard to get good grades so that she can work with animals. It all depends on their upbringing as well.I agree it is sadthat girls want to grow up too fast.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.

I'm 16. A Junior in high school.

My Mom's an elementary school teacher. Sometimes I'll go to some little event or something at the school to help out. I can't believe what those kids are talking about!

It's all "Who's dating who" and "Listen to this (hardcore) rap/pop-punk" and "Support Our Troops".

I think it's clear they're just mimicking what they see on T.V. and such. They're just trying to adhere to the status quo and be 'cool' and grown up in the eyes of their parents and peers.

But, yeah. When I was in the third, fourth, fifth grade (which really wasn't all that long ago) we NEVER were concerned with that stuff. Even as a pre-teen, it's wasn't as bad as it is now.

It kinda seems like the high school kids are getting more mature and the behavior that was once meant for older kids is spreading down to kids younger and younger.

Sad, really.

Again, they just want to grow up because they have nothing better to do. I'm reminded of a song by Switchfoot, "Gone". Go read the lyrics, it kinda explains things hah.

Peace.