This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I motivate myself to study?
11-27-2012, 06:27 AM
How do I motivate myself to study?
I know this is an overasked question, but are there any new ideas out there?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:35 AM

Set up a timetable. AND STICK TO IT.
- Divide your times into 30 or one hour blocks, filling up the times for eating/chores/non-avoidable commitments (e.g. music lessons or sports)
- Then in the free times, write down what subject to study for.
- Put in a 15 min break for every hour you study where you can do whatever you want. (So you have something to look forward to.)
- Set up folders for every subject, keeping things in order, this will help with organisation and you'll keep track on what you have to study and it just keeps everything in place and you feel controlled and therefore motivated to study.
- Also, is your desk a tidy one? A messy desk always leads to procrastination in my case. Clean it up, make sure everything is neat and tidy.
- Shut your door when studying.
- Avoid listening to music (I find it distracting, and more often than not, I always find I have written down the lyrics into my notes by accident).
- Tell family members if they could maybe not come in during your study sessions, so you can stay concentrated.
- Have a snack and water at your study table so you're not inclined to wander the house searching for food when you feel peckish and end up getting distracted.
- Also, try not to study too near a window as you would be likely to end up looking out it and daydream.
- Keep all distractions OUT of your room, if you have consoles, take out the games from your room and leave them somewhere else.
- Turn off the internet if you're just doing written notes, or typing up an essay. (This stops you from checking facebook, tumblr, twitter every five minutes)
- Don't have your room too warm or you'll then feel sluggish and sleepy, (keep the window open to let air in.)

And that's all the tips I can think of at the moment, I used to never study, but following these little steps, I admit I have studied a lot better Big Grin

Ads

Whether it is to study or to work, at times we all need self motivation tips . Here are my favorite tips I use to refresh myself
http://www.sales-training-for-business.c...-tips.html

Some times I need something a little different and I need some inspiration. I like reading this. I read it out loud and with some passion and exaggeration. If all else fails this one really works
http://www.sales-training-for-business.c...ation.html

There is no better thing then thinking about what position you will be in the future if you don't study. This simply motivates you to study again and again. Another thing is that you won't have to study for your whole life, there is only fun and fun after it, which is also another reason that makes you want to study again and again....

and guess what i am supposed to be doing?.... Smile