This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any way to find out whether someone is talking bad about me online?
11-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Is there any way to find out whether someone is talking bad about me online?
Hi. When I was in middle school, there's this girl who got constantly picked on by other mean girls.
I even heard the rumor that these bullies were even harassing her on some sites on the net.
Since her last name was very unique i googled her name to know what's goin on but nothing came up as a result.
Then my friend told me that the bullies used an insulting nickname so that it wouldn't hit google or any search engine when someone typed her name.

well... I'm in HS and kinda paranoid about bullying and online harassment.
some of my friends got harassed on some sites like Facebook or twitter even though no one picks on them in school.

My question is: Is there any other way to know If someone is talking bad about me on the net other than just googling my full name?
I know some bullies talk bad about their victims by nicknames like a code name on the net so that they could get away.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:36 AM

Type your name in Google and Yahoo search box. Then see how many websites showing your name. Click one by one and see whether your name used in right ways or wrong ways.

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:36 AM

If someone was really trying to bully you, they would want you too know.

Cyber bullying can be horrible, but the truth is that you don't need to let it affect you. In the case where this does happen, you should tell someone such as a teacher or a parent. In this age, the issue is taken very seriously.

Also relax high school is a strange time, but it can also be a good time. As hard as it is, don't worry about what others say. I can tell you know that everyone in high school finds a friend, and you really don't need to worry about everyone else. Just be nice to everyone, and ignore those who don't return the favor.

Finally, don't start rumors. Those who do so usually have it bite back at them. Life after all is like a boomerang.

Anyways good luck in high school. Try to enjoy it Emily.