This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the easiest way to get a record deal?
11-27-2012, 06:30 AM
What is the easiest way to get a record deal?
Me and my Cousin are really confident about getting famous.
Literally all we need is a Record Deal.
We write lyrics,and plus with the media today we would make good famous people!
We are 14 and have good singing and rapping skills.
Where can I get a record deal?
Or any way close to one at allll?
Help?
Please?
Im desperate. I need to do something with my life and this is something I would actually really enjoy as well as my cousin.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM

as a musician your goal should be to make good music, not to become famous

Ads

its never easy. some bands and artists are already on their 3rd or 4th album before they get signed. and just because theyre signed doesnt mean theyre going to be famous. its very hard work. dont put all your effort into trying to become something that you probably wont be. you have more chance of winning the lotto. however, you need to write some songs, start performing, build up a fanbase, record your material professionally, then labels might start taking an interest. its never going to happen overnight. could be years away.

Record your songs. Put them on YouTube and see what happens. Play regular gigs. Parties, school dances, etc. learn to use pro audio gear. Learn good mic technique and write songs prolifically. Self produce is better because the industry is full of sharks. Producers, publicists, managers, label execs etc are the tip of the iceberg. First you need a fan base and then you need to be pro about the job. Get interviews on community radio shows. Do festivals, fairs or weekend markets where people will see you. Don't blame your equipment if somethings not working at a gig. Be professional onstage and people will take you seriously. Read industry mags and develop your own sound/style. Don't be a copy of everyone else. Do a course in self managing and the industry to give you an insight into what's involved and that you won't get ripped off. Good luck.

You should make a YouTube Channel so people will give constructive criticism on your singing.
If you do have the voice, personality, and look--- that's amazing, record labels are looking for that.

To IMPROVE your vocals get LESSONS in-
*vocals
*piano (or guitar)
*music theory

and if you want to be a "triple threat"-
*theatre
*dancing

Get local---
*festivals
*birthday parties
*weddings
*performances
*gigs

Go to coffeeshops/ clubs and tell the owner you will perform for FREE--- if they like you they will eventually PAY you to perform more Smile)).
Basically, get your name out to everyone.
Tell family & friends--- spread the word.

Social networking sites are GREAT--- PROMOTE your MUSIC and YOURSELF!
LEARN the music industry business to see what your getting into!

Prepare copies of your resumé.

Attend a recording session and produce a CD of your vocals and songs. Recording studios will charge you by the hour for studio time. You’ll need to record at least three songs for a good demo CD.

Make copies of an 8 x 10 photo featuring you (and your band, if applicable) singing. Professional photo duplicators such as ABC Pictures can produce great photos.

Audition for singing roles in local theater stage musicals and, if you desire, join your church choir. You can also audition in talent contests. Many clubs hold open microphone nights where amateur singers can compete in talent contests.

Prepare press kits. Kits should contain an 8 x 10 photo, news clippings, resumé, DVD of any of your performances, presentation folder, promotional materials and favorable reviews from print and video media.

Find a talent agent and submit your press kit by mail or via delivery. Although not required, you will be much busier with the assistance of a booking agency.

Locate record companies that you are interested in working with in the future. Call the record labels prior to submitting your demo package to make sure that they are accepting submissions. Most major record companies don’t accept outside submissions. “Songwriter’s Market” contains information about record labels and each company’s submission process as well as names of people with the record label who you should contact.

Submit your CDs and press kits to record producers and/or record labels. You should address your submission to the attention of the A & R Department of the record company.

Perform live as much as possible. Record company A & R representatives frequently go to clubs to scout and recruit new artists.

NEVER give up on your dreams Smile)).
I have faith in you Wink)).

Have a BEAUTIFUL day,

xxx