This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Obama having more of a following on Facebook and Twitter a good indicator of him taking the election?
11-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Does Obama having more of a following on Facebook and Twitter a good indicator of him taking the election?
Polls always seem to be biased so I don't really trust that. So I think a great way to measure someones popularity is through their online following.

Obama has about 30 million followers vs Romney's 10.

Also twitter Obama beats romney 21 to 1.

It looks like a landslide. But then you have to consider all the older people who aren't online and all the young people who can't vote. But I think essentially they cancel each other out.

What do you guys think? Based on popularity and politics aside I think Obama has the edge.

*****note****** I'm not voting because it would be irresponsible for me to vote, so please don't think I have an agenda here for Obama. Just a simple poll from a gambler's perspective.
I don't know all the intricacies of each candidates policies for me to just pick a guy because he looks fun to have a beer with at a bar (how I would vote). Me voting would be like giving Mike from the Jersey Shore the power to vote for the next Nobel prize winner in Physics, just not a good idea. So don't lecture me on why it's important to vote. I know it's important. That why I think people who know about the how their policies work should only be voting. Not just some random jackass.
Arthur. I meant all the older people with no facebook accounts that might vote for Romney might cancel out with all the young people (under 18 who like or follow obama). That still leaves a lot of people who can vote and are online......What don't you get about that

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM

70% of the 0bama accounts have been proven to be fake

Ads

You do realize you just said a persons online following is a great way to measure their popularity, but "essentially they cancel each other out", meaning you don't believe your initial assertion?

Dude, read your whole post. You say one thing is a good indicator, then another cancels that indicator out all together. You talked yourself in a nonsensical circle.

I do think Obama has the edge, Facebook isn't the sole indicator of that, but it's one of many. I think he has the edge as far as the internet is concerned. I don't know who to vote for yet, but I'll probably go with Obama since he didn't flat out lie in the debates, at least not as much as Romney did. If Romney turns out to be a better president, I do hope he wins, I hope the best for this country, everybody should know that voting these days is a gamble. Smile

Obama has been "playing" the internet since 2006 and has like any game player,
become a "master" at it. His dominance even in part helped him beat McCain to
"pulp" in the campaign. Have heard though, that Obama employees some odd
dozens of people for internet work only. Some monitor and record certain sites
( Y/A ??? ) sending reports to the Obama campaign HQ, while others focus
on stories in support of Obama. This and "showmanship" are 2 of Obama's
strongest skills. Too bad he uses them a legerdemain and deception.

*****note*****************this question is just trying to drive Obama's voters from the polls. Vote. ***********

Romney will begin to play catch up on November 6th when the usual election day people go out and vote. It'll be close unless things change a lot now after the next debate.