This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help me with my foster care problem?
10-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Help me with my foster care problem?
Hi ! my name is Jade . I am in foster care for about 3 years now . I am a mixed race of black and white . I dont think that racism is involved in this situation but just incase anyone may think it is . Okay so ..... i came to foster care because my mom is an alcoholic and my dad used to tell me stuff like i am a no body and i am worth shit to him and everybody . My teachers started notcing that my behavior has changed for the worst because i ddint participate as much and i told one of my friends about my mom and dad and she told the teacher who called child care services on my parants . Then they took me to a place were i would stay until they found me a foster mom . A week after they told me they found one in Markham . So they drove me there and dropped me off . A few days at the new home were all going good . The about the 2 week there my worker called my foster mom and said i had facebook and twitter and she told her that i am not allowed to use those sites or any other comunication sites because she thinks i am talking to my grandma and aunt . Wich i am .... it makes me feel better when i am talking with them because i feel that someone cares . But my worker forbides me and disables my facebook account and closed my twitter account and disabled my email . I told my worker i want to talk to them becuase i feel happier but she wont let me . I dont know if i should make a sercet account or if i should just listen to them and dont talk to them . I am very tired of being in foster care and i wish i could live with my grandma or aunt but the agency wont let me . So should i make a secret facebook account or should i listen to them ? btw i am allowed to use yahoo because my worker sasys that people can help me with my problems over here . Thank you for your answere .

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM

"But my worker forbides me and disables my facebook account and closed my twitter account and disabled my email"

And yet, you're allowed to be on Yahoo Answers??

Ads

I understand your feelings but there has to be a reason they won't let your grandmother or aunt take custody of you. They look for biological family first and their requirements for them are not nearly as stringent. So if you can't live with them, there has to be a reason. This might be the same reason they don't want you talking to them right now. Ask them to explain the reasons to you. Praying that your family can be reunited. Hugs.

don't go against them unless you want to go back to your parents. Demand a hearing from the court , and tell them you want to live with your auntie or grandma.
You should listen because they are in control of you , but that doesn't mean you can't demand a fair hearing! Try, but also try to find the good in foster care Smile