This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is Beyaz like? Side effects, ect.?
11-27-2012, 06:31 AM
What is Beyaz like? Side effects, ect.?
I'm getting on birth-control for the first time. My doctor prescribed me Beyaz. I looked up consumer reports and im not getting much. I'm afraid of gaining weight. Also I don't want a birth control pill that has side effects worse than what its protecting from, if you know what I mean. Any suggestions as to what IS a good birth control pill would be appreciated. I have moderate acne so i want to find a pill that treats that too.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM

From my understanding it's yaz except with a daily vitamin added in. If you want more information than you would probably have an easier time just looking up "yaz".

And if "I don't want a birth control pill that has side effects worse than what its protecting from" you mean that you don't want a pill that is harder to deal with than pregnancy.. I think you're pretty much covered here..

I bet it will help a lot with acne. It's one of the only birth control pills actually approved by the FDA for acne treatment as well as PMDD treatment. Yasmin, it's close cousin also using the new progesterone (drospirenone) in it, is know to do the same as well. So are it's generics like Ocella. Which is my birth control by the way so I am speaking from some experience with a very similar birth control to yours. It did help my acne.

Weight gain is possible with any birth control, but it's caused by an increase in your appetite. If you just watch what you eat for a while it eventually goes away. Trust me. I get that from birth control when I first start new brands. And I just watch how much I eat for the first month or so and then my body just sort of adjusts and my appetite goes back to normal. It's a common occurrence.

Don't get freaked out by all the bad stuff you hear about yaz. Remember lawyers are not doctors and any kind of new birth control is a conservative lawyers wet dream. It has been since 1959. The bottom line is birth control is still associated with premarital sex and if birth control choices are more controlled then libertarian politicians and activists get to feel giddy inside, while opportunistic lawyers get to sue the hell out of pharmaceutical companies. Yaz and yasmin (basically the same except yaz has a lower daily estrogen intake, with a four day hormone free period instead of a week) use a new kind of progesterone, so they're the newest target. It is true that there are slightly more risks with it but for the vast majority of women the benefits greatly outweigh the risk. All of the symptoms for the potential serious risks are incredibly easy to identify before they really get serious, so you have nothing to worry about.

It's also one of the few really effective low dose pills, largely because of the way the new progesterone works. Only 0.02 mg of estrogen a day. Low dose is considered anything below 0.035 mg, so yaz and beyaz are impressive in that aspect.

So beyaz IS a good birth control. Just take it for three months so your body adjusts to it, and then you'll probably really like it. Most women do, that's why it's so popular.

Honestly, don't base the decision off of reviews on the internet. They're all pretty biased. When it comes to birth control you just need to try it and see how it works for you. Considering the things you seem like you are looking for, it sounds like a good match for you. Plus a package insert that will come with the birth control will list every single one of the possible side effects for you.

Remember a doctor prescribed it to you. In general, I feel that I have more reason to trust my doctor to advise me on my health. Not a law firm, or a facebook group, or one angry women.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply