This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would I get my tumblr started?
11-27-2012, 06:32 AM
How would I get my tumblr started?
Hello. Okay, I know that this might sound like a stupid question, and I apologize, but I just made a new non-personal blog on tumblr, called "things-to-do-when-youre-bored", and I was wondering, how do people get blogs like that started? Like, how do they even get followers? I'd really like to know, haha. Any answer would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM

Basically just make posts and tag them with stuff, some people may have those tags tracked and they'll look like it or just follow a bunch of people and they'll most likely check out your blog and follow it.

Ads

Try this website. I dont have Tumblr myself. But this blog will give you some answers

usocial.net/blog/how-to-get-more-tumblr-followers

You can use Tumblr promo pages. What you do is follow their personal pages & their Tumblr promo page and they'll promote your blog. They're all over Tumblr, just search for them. You can also use tumblrplug.com. You won't get followers over-night. Even the top bloggers had to wait to get so many followers. People follow blogs that are similar to theirs or they find interesting. So make sure your blog is creative, unique and fun! Ask people questions, ask them for promos, converse with people, etc. Promote your blog as much as you can on other websites like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc! Good luck.

http://jadoremilea.tumblr.com/

follow me: http://tropicalbeauties.tumblr.com/
HOW TO GAIN/KEEP GAINING FOLLOWERS:
HAVE A NICE URL: this is so important! you need a good url, not something like babygu-u-rl1. the catchier your url is, the more you’ll be noticed, especially in promos! make sure it’s simple too
REBLOG LOTS: it can get you very noticed! if you reblog a lot from a person, they’ll start noticing you’re a frequent person on their blog, which means they’re sure to follow you. and if you reblog photos, your followers will reblog it from you, which will then show a link to your blog on their followers’ dashboards.
ASK PEOPLE TO CHECK OUT YOUR BLOG: just make sure to read their faq. some people don’t check out blogs unless you tag a post, so in this case, tag a post. it gets annoying when people don’t follow peoples’ faq, so read it! but if you’re going to ask someone, make sure you ask nicely and you are following them
DO DOUBLES/P4P/ETC: ask others if they wanna do any type of promos with you! just make sure you read their faq since some people have a certain amount of followers you need in order for you to be able to do a p4p with them. just ask nicely!
BE NICE: holy crap this is so so important. no one wants to follow someone rude. i’ve unfollowed quite a few blogs in the past because i’ve seen them to be so mean to their followers or any bloggers in general! treat people how you wanna be treated.
BE FRIENDLY: one of the main reasons i got to how many followers i have to today is because i always messaged people, even if it wasn’t a message to check out my blog, p4p, etc. message random people you follow, and that’ll definitely make them smile! everyones gotta love friendly people Smile
DO NOT SELF PROMOTE ON POSTS/PICTURES: since majority of the people on tumblr find self promoting annoying, do not self promote on pictures. a lot of people are bound to unfollow you, and you definitely do not want that!
VOTE IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE: always be on the lookout for any promos for voting! it’s a good chance to get a free promo. seriously, all you need to do is one click and message that person. IT’S THAT EASY. never miss out on any chances like this!
BE ACTIVE: a lot of people, like me, tend to unfollow blogs who are inactive. if you aren’t on tumblr 24/7, queue your posts! queueing automatically post pictures by itself, even if your not on.
REBLOG BOTWS/BOTMS: if you ever see any posts like this, reblog it! if you’re chosen, you’ll gain TONS. i’ve gained 200+ from one botw. it’s an amazing way to gain followers. i know majority of the people have polls, and i know thats stressful, but once you win, you get the most amazing benefits ever, seriously
JOIN IN BOTNS/BOTHS/BOTDS: so many people these days do this! where you have to message them botn/both/botd and whoever gets the most likes wins, that sorta stuff. do it! then ask your friends/followers/etc to like your post, and if you win, you’ll gain quite a few! i’ve gained 50 from one Smile it’s pretty much like a botw/botm, just smaller prize, but it’s less stressful!
HAVE A NICE THEME: make sure your pictures/posts are easily rebloggable. it’s annoying when i can’t reblog pictures from someones home page, because then i’ll have to click on it and use the reblog button on the top. also make sure your links aren’t all cluttered on the top of your blog
REBLOG GROUP POSTS: why should you do this? there are just waaaay too many reasons. in my current group, i’ve gained over 2k. that’s why. no seriously, you’ll be able to do tons of p4ps, voting/liking help, etc. and plus you’ll gain friends! just reblog all the group posts you see, it’s worth a try! you never know what might happen.
DO NOT LIE: this is so so so important. i swear, i hate liars. im sure everyone does. please do not lie about your follower count, make up some story about losing all your followers because you got hacked, and don’t tell your followers you’ll do promos if you wont even do it. that’s just annoying. lying wont get you anywhere. people can tell how many followers a blog has, trust me.
IF YOU DONT HAVE 1K YET: use tumblrplug.com, or follow back until you hit 1k! that way its much faster to reach it Smile just make sure you actually do follow back since its rude not to! but honestly, if you follow all the tips on this page, im sure you’re bound to hit 1k anytime soon Smile
BE PATIENT: accept the fact that you cannot get 1k followers overnight. seriously, thats not how it works. be patient. gaining followers is a lotlotlot of hard work. it might take you a week, a month, or a year! but don’t worry about it!
i hope this helps!

If you want to get Maximum Followers on tumblr then you should follow this method:
http://taimoorsultan.com/get-more-followers-on-tumblr/
It lists and explains top 6 ways to get lot of Tumblr followers quickly. Smile
I'm sure it will help you!