This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's up with this relationship?
09-30-2012, 09:22 AM
What's up with this relationship?
Alright, first off I'm a guy. Second thing to note, he's a guy.
We've known each other for about two months, and have become really close friends. Done a lot together: from hanging out, playing soccer, getting lunch with friends, going to the pool, etc. School just ended and we both left for home, hundreds miles a part, so we have to text in order to stay connected.

I know for a fact that he's very interested in me. We text pretty much every day, and I think he's expressed his interest by keeping up the conversations, starting a new one the next day, or telling me he had a good time hanging with me.

We're both very secret with this relationship thing, seeing as it's frowned upon in our part of the country. Also two very masculine guys who want to keep a normal appearance. However, he has a "girlfriend" who I think is just a cover to make him seem normal. I am planning on getting a girlfriend too in the future, but he takes it a step further.

On his FB page he constantly remarks how much he loves his girlfriend and how blessed he is to have such a person in his life. Basically he posts every few hours about how he misses her, loves talking to her, etc. It's kind of getting over-the-top in my opinion..but my question is:

Is he doing this because he is really trying to disguise himself and make himself seem normal? After all we've done, I'm for sure he's into me. But why would he go this far talking about his girlfriend all the time and make those stupid twitter comments like talking about being a gentleman, asking her dad if he can marry her (which I don't think he's done, but it was a quote with one of those twitter hashtag things..) It's all very weird.

How should I ask him about his feelings for me and her? Like: "Hey, do you like her?" or "What do you think of me as?"

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate answers, and will be looking to give 10 points to the best/well-thought out answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 09:30 AM

I can't really say much about this relationship, as I know only one point of view but you should raise both questions you marked above firstly ask "Hey, do you like her?" And then consequently if he says no ask him "What do you think of me as?" If he says yes to the first question,well you have your answer .

Ads

It sounds to me as if he isn't only trying to convince others that he is straight, but he is trying to convince himself. If she was just a regular cover-up, then he probably wouldn't take much interest in her. Don't get me wrong, I am actually agaist using cover-ups. I think it is unfair to the girl and to yourself. However, in this case he seems to actually believe he likes her in that way, and posts these things to sort of "remind" himself. I think you need to sit down with him so you can both communicate your feelings. Once t is all out in the open between the two of you, you can better understand each other. While he might care about you, he might also think he likes his girlfriend in that way. There is also the chance that he is bisexual, and is just using you for sex. Talk to him about it.

Jeremy maybe he is a straight guy that does not have any hangups about having a gay friend. he enjoys your company and enjoys being around you as a bud not as a boyfriend. Dude i do not see anything bromantic about your relationship friendship with him. unfortunateally all i see is a good frendship between you two and i have a feeling that when you cross that line of asking him about you and him the relationship may end

tread lightly

sean