This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I would like to know the opportunities and threats for cosmetic company?
11-27-2012, 06:32 AM
I would like to know the opportunities and threats for cosmetic company?
I'm doing this for my assignment.I would like to know the opportunities and threats of Avon Company?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:41 AM

Avon is exposed to the same opportunities and risks of any modern cosmetic firm. Using Mind Sciences (discreetly) in their Marketing Department, their profit line is predictable, for the foreseeable future.

The opportunities include the persuasive allure and social power of media.

The risks emerge from breakout stars who may reveal in unedited interviews, the total scam that make-up corporations have foisted upon girls.

Due to the tight scrutiny and filtration of topics on the marketplace, it is safe to assume that Avon will continue to dump its marvels on the unsuspecting millions.

Natural beauty has no place in modern society, as it is not that profitable, and leads to stable families, deep intimacy and sincere communication.

Glamour trumps reality, 24/7. Sad, but true.

Why not blow your teacher's mind, and expose this truth?

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:41 AM

From an employment point of view, there are various Opportunities and Threats regarding working for Avon.

In terms of Opportunities:
*Reps make 10-50% profit from their commissionable sales.
*All Reps may become Leadership Representatives, build their own Avon teams and make up to $12500 in building bonus', as well as additional commissions on their teams sales.
*Avon offers various incentives to their staff, ranging from trips to vehicles to cash and prizes.
*Avon sells demo's and products to reps at additional discounts.
*Avon offers ongoing training and support. Both online (virtual), via DSM's, and at meetings and training workshops.
*Avon offers an infastructure that rewards reps for their hard work and good sales. Presidents Club = fixed discount/profits etc.

In terms of threats:
*An Avon business is what you make it. Noone will hand you the keys of success, you need to build it and shape it yourself.
*Avon offers product to their reps on credit. If you do not pay your balance 2 days before your next order is due, your order may be held. Ongoing unpaid accounts will be removed.
*Brrrr, it can be cold running Avon errands in the winter.
*Aw, I can't think of anything threatening. I love Avon, it works for me.