This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone help me describe the Political, Social, and Philosophical Art movements after WW2?
11-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Can anyone help me describe the Political, Social, and Philosophical Art movements after WW2?
I am stumpted on a couple questions from my art history class. I have only two left, and have done 56!!! If anyone thinks this question is easy, i would be more than appriciative of any suggestions.
The other question that I just cant come up with is to 'Summarize the developments of sculpture in the 1960's'

Thanks so much!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM

That's not a question requiring a short answer. that's an essay question at best, and the starting point for a multi-volume text at the other extreme.

I assume you've looked at the art from the period? What do you see as the themes? What new media became available? How did the art relate to the social and political environments? How did society relate to the new art expressions that were emerging (remembering that artists have to remain within acceptable parameters because the audience is also the market place). Art does not exist in a vacuum. It is both a mirror held up to society, and also a window that offers new views of what it is to be human in that society.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply