This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does 'Clear Cookies & Data' mean?
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
What does 'Clear Cookies & Data' mean?
I just wanted to know because I wanna clear my iPod cache or whatever because my twitter app keeps acting up and I was told to use that and it should help but I just wanted to know what exactly does that do? Please help me! Thanks! By the way sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure what I put it in!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Erase the data that websites keep in their database on their computer

Ads

The history is the website http://www.twitter.com so that would be the history.
The cookies and data are: the email you use and/or the password if you've saved it. It will be cleared and deleted. That's basically it.
Smile

Cookies and data is stuff used to make browsing faster, as there are pieces of data that are stored away for faster access.

This also includes any stored passwords, autofills, usernames, etc.

So clearing that wipes that all clean.

And cache is the same way, when you clear it, the next time you visit somethng, it will be like it was the first time you ever went to that site/app

Cookies are little strings of information that a website downloads to a cache on your computer to make the experience of their website better for the end user. An example of a cookie is if you tick the remember password box on some websites, then this information is stored in a cookie on your computer. Deleting these is completely harmless and should be done routinely.