This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is the statute of limitation for twitter threat?
11-27-2012, 06:36 AM
what is the statute of limitation for twitter threat?
i was mad about some boxing fight so i sent a tweet to the boxer said something like "ill stab u" and after a few months i realize that was bad so i tweet back and apologize and said that i didnt mean to say that. but i afraid cause i saw some people got arrest over death threat like that. is there statue of limitation on death threat over twitter?
it been like 6 months ago

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:45 AM

If it happened a few months ago, I'm pretty darn sure you'll be alright lol.

Ads

Misdemeanors, what your threat was at the most, has a 2 year from the time of occurrence, statute of limitations in the UK.

There are a couple of possible offences you may have committed which include threats to kill and offensive communications.
It seems very unlikely you will hear anymore about this as it was six months ago and the fact that you apologised may have placated the person.
There actually is no statue of limitations in relation to proven written offences as crimes sometimes take a very long while to be proven however as I say I do not think you will hear anything more about this.just make sure the boxer does not get your home address.