This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kobe got his first triple double since 2010, but Lebron can get triple doubles in his sleep?
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Kobe got his first triple double since 2010, but Lebron can get triple doubles in his sleep?
thoughts? Just saying...this is Kobe's first triple double in two years. Lebron James can get those anytime he wants. And he does. For Kobe its like this celebration, but when Lebron gets a triple double its like "again?":P lol
The - fair enough. But you don't have to be 6'8 and 260 pounds to wrack up 10 assists, nor do you have to be that big to get 10 rebounds. I fail to see your point, sorry lol Kobe was able to get 15 rebounds in 2010 remember? Game 7 of the Finals? So he CAN do it, for some reason he doesn't.Tongue
anonymous - true but it just seems like a player of kobe's magnitude would be able to get 9 rebounds and 9 assists most games=p at least or get close but usually its like 25 points, 4 assists and 4 rebounds=p

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:46 AM

Ya but Kobe isn't 6'8" and 250 lbs.

He's like 6'6" and 200 lbs. not a fair comparison IMO.

@We Will- first off I'd like to say thank you for letting us have an actual debate. But Kobe's game is scoring. He won't change that. He doesn't really have to. And in 2010, I'm just saying, Bynum wasn't a huge rebounding presence. Not odom. Gasol usually comes though in game 7's for rebounding. And for the Celtics, it's a washed up Rasheed Wallace and KG. Perkins was injured. So I'm just saying its hard to do that on a day-in day-out basis. And it was 2 years ago. Kobe's ... Different.

Ads

Maybe because kobe is a shooting guard

Kobe has gotten close but he would always be 2 rebounds or 1 assist away.

Lebron is taller and stronger which will result in more rebounds. And he's had much more freedom under Mike Brown.

While Kobe had Gasol and Bynum pulling down rebounds(Lebron 6'8 250 Kobe 6'6 205) and Kobe had to follow the triangle.

Kobe got 15 rebounds in game 7 because Lakers were playing great defense which resulted in misses.

Last year it was nearly impossible for Kobe to average 6 assist because MWP played horrible(until last month) and there bench was literally useless. You'll say "well he had Gasol and Bynum" yes it's true put they have to post up and will take about 4 seconds until they shoot which won't result in an assist.

You'll also say "well Jordan played in the triangle and averaged more assist" while this is also true they had good defenders who would steal the ball and get in the fast break and Jordan was usually the one who would be ahead of the pack and wait for the others so he could get the assist. There defense was similar to the Heats who pressured the ball and got in the fast break.

"Because he's a shooting guard" is a dumb excuse. I guess you have to be 6'8 260 to get 10 assists and 10 rebounds even though Rondo has had few games with 12+ rebounds and assists. Kobe fan logic makes me laugh.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KobeLogic/sta...16/photo/1

That guy above me speaks of the truth.

Hope this helps.

When you have two of the best rebounders in the game, on your team, it's pretty impressive. And when it comes to assists, just remember this. Your teammates have to make the shots, in order for you to get an assist. Kobe has no control over the fact that more than two thirds of the time his passes to teammates result in misses. And, keep in mind, he played in the triangle offense all but the last two seasons. An offense which was designed for multiple players to be able to score or pass on one single set. So, yes, Kobe can do it, when the opprtunity affords itself. Don't act like he isn't a good passer or rebounder, because his averages are at or above those for his respective position.

Let's see Lebron score triple doubles in his sleep when he turns 34.

Kobe never modeled his game to be a triple double machine. So what? Not even MJ got as many as Lebron.

Lebron is the most versatile player to ever exist. There, that's what you wanted to hear (and I mean it).

That still doesn't take away from Kobe scoring a triple double as a 34 year old.

lebron didnt have lamar odom, pau gasol, andrew bynum, shaq or dwight howard grabbing 10+ rebounds each game throughout his entire career.

So what? there are plenty of guys that can stuff the stat sheet better than kobe... like andre iguodala and rajon rondo. Plus, Lebron's physical stature allows him to be a dominating presence in every sense on the court... he 6'8 260 lbs with freak-of-nature athleticsm. Kobe, on the other hand, is a skinny/built 6'6 guard that dominates on only scoring. Lebron has never consistently been on kobe's level of dominanice in terms of scoring the basketball. But physiques aside, yes... you don't have to have lebron's body to be a stat sheet stuffer. But that's the way kobe is. he's not a stat sheet stuffer- he's a scorer. what';s more valuable is up to interpretation/situation.