This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I stop people I don't know from following me on twitter?
11-27-2012, 06:38 AM
How can I stop people I don't know from following me on twitter?
Today I looged into twitter and discovered some people I don't even know that are following me.

How can I stop people I don't know from following me? Is there such an option?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM

1. Go to Twitter.com
2. Log-in to your account
3. Go to "Settings" in the above panel
4. Scroll down in the section labeled "Account" in "Settings" and you'll find "Protect my tweets". it has more info in the description
5. Check the box next to "Protect my tweets" so it can be private
6. Click "Save"
7. Your password will be needed to confirm that you want to protect them
8. Your done.

And now that your tweets are protected, you can approve or disapprove people who want to follow you, and you can make your tweets not public, but public to your followers.

I hope this helps!

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:47 AM

The goal of most people on twitter is to get as many followers as possible....then use those followers to send messages to if you have a website and use it for marketing purposes...I welcome new followers all the time...I have a Website but i have not used twitter to market that site because i don't want to be accused of SPAM...however now i have a automatic message telling people thanks for the follow and be sure to visit my website full of helpful tips to keep your computer working lightning fast and FREE products for them to look at and download....

Use your twitter account to your advantage...and don't get mad because you have people following you....that is a plus...if you know how to use twitter.....Many people including myself use it for business and personal reasons....I have 2 sites on Twitter...The first site is for FREE stuff for the computer and my other site is for business only.....they both do equally well.....

http://twitter.com/cfmike2010