This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
HELP My axolotls won't eat!?
11-27-2012, 06:39 AM
HELP My axolotls won't eat!?
On Tuesday I received two juvenile axolotls. Since then I have desperately tried to get them to eat worms, but they won't. I've tried two different kinds of worms (canadian night crawlers and trout worms). I even cut them them to size (though I make sure they're still wiggling). But they still won't eat! Please help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:47 AM

Try guppies that might entice them.

Ads

You can feed it salmon pellets, axolotl pellets, hikari sinking carnivore pellets, sinking shrimp pellets.
As long as it's meat based.

http://www.buy-axolotls.com/Axolotl_Care_Sheet.html

You have a Water Problem. The first thing you need to do is remove the Water Dragon from the tank. You can do this by using a big net so that your Water Dragon cannot jump out. Put the water dragon in a plastic shoe box that you can buy at any store, make sure that has never been contaminated by soap and any other chemicals that may harm your Water Dragon. Make sure that this container has enough water to cover the Water Dragon completely. If you have Juveniles then you need to keep them is separate containers.

Now that your Water Dragon is out of the tank and in a safe place you can now siphon the tank water to a nearby floor drain (shower) by using a long siphon hose that will reach the floor drain.

If you do not have a floor drain. Then you need to buy a new 5 gallon bucket. By buying a new 5 gallon bucket will make sure that this bucket has never been contaminated by soap and any other chemicals that may kill your Water Dragon. You need a 3-4 foot clear plastic siphon hose that you can buy at any home center. Now siphon water out to a floor drain tank then you and into a 5 gallon bucket or. If you do not have a have a 10 gallon tank then they should take you to three trips before all the water is removed from the tank.

For filling your tank you will need to buy a Water Quality Drinking Hose to fill your tank. If do not have a hose connection nearby then fill your tank up using the New 5 gallon bucket.

In the summer; use only cold water; let it run for a minute or two, so that it gets as cold as possible.

In the winter when your tap water is cold it okay to make it cold as possible because Water Dragons are cold blooded salamanders it is not dangerous for them to go down fast in temperature. However it is dangerous for Water Dragon to go up in temperature especially if more that 10 degrees increase or if it’s over 72 degrees temperature.

Whether you have a filter in your tank or not you still need do 90%water change once per week. It is better to change too much water than too little. By doing water changes every week this will help stop the build up of Ammonia and Nitrite levels in your tank. Ammonia (cause by the Water Dragon Urine) that is in the water and will removing 90% of the Nitrite (cause by the Water Dragon Waste) that is in the water. If you do not do water changes the 1 per week then the Ammonia and Nitrite levels go too high and kill your Water Dragon. So it very important that you do water changes 1 per week. Doing water changes each week is fast and easy and will greatly extend the life of your Water Dragons.

You can download, post on the Internet (Facebook), and Publish any of Buy-Axolotls.com content and images. No permission is needed as long as it states that Buy-Axolotls.com is the source of the content and images.

Enjoy,

Philip Vena
Founder of Buy-Axolotls.com

We Protect Axolotls
http://www.Buy-Axolotls.com
4531 Cornell Avenue
Downers Grove, IL 60515-2609 USA
(Near West Side of Chicago)
Phone: 1-630-390-7070
email: Sales@Buy-Axolotls.com
Axolotl Forum: http://Buy-Axolotls.com/phpbb