This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
where can i find all the details on how to make a social study/aspect of a feasibilty study?
11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
where can i find all the details on how to make a social study/aspect of a feasibilty study?
can you help me where can i find all the details on how to make a social study/aspect of a feasibilty study?
i am going to make a school report on how to make/write a feasiblity study in terms of its social aspect/study.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:48 AM

Additional information:
How to do a feasability study: (wikiHow)
Define the objectives of study, there might be one to several
Research on the business model analysis of targeted industry or company
Conduct market analysis, i.e. 5 Forces, competitive study, market share analysis
Construct business plan
Review the plan with insider, i.e. managers, frontline staffs,suppliers, customer of targeted company or industry
Simplify and modify the business plan so everybody will be able to understand after 1min's pitch
Conduct Market research on proposed plan to focused group or survey
Perform breakeven analysis and sensitivity analysis
Marketing plan
Operation plan
Financial plan
combine everything in above to perform decision tree/fishbone/scorecard analysis.
Write the study report

My answer: (don't feel as though I helped much, sorry!)
A feasibility study is an analysis of the viability of an idea. The feasibility study focuses on helping answer the question of whether or not to proceed with a proposed project idea? All activities of the study are directed toward helping answer this question. Therefore, the social aspects or implications dealing with a feasibility study would vary to some extent based on the type of study that you are conducting.

Some social aspects of a feasibility study might include, but are not limited, to the following:

gives focus to the project and outline alternatives seeing how the proposed project will affect the targeted community

narrow business alternatives by understanding what is possible for that particular project through analyzing study data such as Census information, and revealing trends in many aspects of daily life (from spending habits to educational patterns, etc.) on different populations

identifying reasons or social factors that are involved that could prevent a project from continuing (project A is culturally biased towards a particular group, or project A may be received as offensive by this particular group, etc.)

enhance the probability of success by addressing and extenuating social factors early on that could affect the project (adjustments could be made to alter project A, enabling the project to continue)

provide quality information for decision making by helping project designers understand the overall trends shaping consumer culture

being aware of the social composition of your target audience and understanding the motivations of customers, community activists, and journalists can effectively defuse problems in the media by responding to the public's concerns with carefully composed solutions

Good Luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply