This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Doesn't the Libertarian movement champion the best ideas of both the left and right?
11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
Doesn't the Libertarian movement champion the best ideas of both the left and right?
I'm truly against federal government over-use and wasteful spending from both main parties. I like how the libertarian party is truly committed to lower government waste and spending while also allowing social freedom for example being against the drug war, allowing states to decide the abortion issue on their own (federal government doesn't interfere), and ending the Iraq war and generally against warhawk behavior in general militarily.

Many US libertarians though some would assume we're in favor of allowing illegal immigration because of the assumption that it is free market between the employer and employee, many of us are actually against allowing porous borders besides from the national security risk, many illegals and their children/families generally use in net more government services than they contribute.

The most well known outspoken libertarian in US government is Ron Paul. Though part of the Republican party his views are more in line with the Libertarian Party.

Ron Paul rejects universal health care, believing that the more government interferes in medicine, the higher prices rise and the less efficient care becomes. He points to how many people today are upset with the HMO system, but few people realize that HMOs came about because of a federal mandate in 1973. Ron Paul endorses defederalization of the health care system. Paul also states that he has an opposition to virtually all federal interference with the market process.

Paul's campaign slogan for 2004 was "The Taxpayers' Best Friend!" He would completely eliminate the income tax by shrinking the size and scope of government to what he considers its Constitutional limits, noting that he has never voted to approve an unbalanced budget; he has observed that even scaling back spending to 2000 levels eliminates the need for the 42% of the budget accounted for by individual income tax receipts.

Generally libertarianism allows for some of the social liberalism commonly associated with the left combined with a good sense of fiscal conservatism and reason. For example, Ron Paul a well known figure in the movement in the US, voted in support of HR 5136, an amendment that leads to a full repeal of "don't ask, don't tell," on 27 May 2010.

On abortion debate, while personally deeply against abortion, Paul has said that the ninth and tenth amendments to the U.S. Constitution do not grant the federal government any authority to legalize or ban abortion, stating that "the federal government has no authority whatsoever to involve itself in the abortion issue."

On the drug issue, Paul contends that prohibition of drugs is ineffective and advocates ending the War on Drugs. Paul favors the use of marijuana as a medical option. He was cosponsor of H.R. 2592, the States' Rights to Medical Marijuana Act. He is currently a supporter of the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:50 AM

yes

Ads

No

Except that they'll be voting for Republicans in November.

Yeah. We know how the plutocracy has functioned for centuries in the US, and we know what happened to third parties hundreds of times. Identifying chameleons takes little more than a few hours observation.

See you next under your rich class slavers in US Congress.

If you want to consider an advocacy of laissez faire on the "right" then I guess that's true.

It always depends on where your interests lie

Nope.

The Reps and Dems sheep will never listen

Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative.

Fiscal conservativeness is not something championed by either of the two main parties these days...Let's just say Libertarians kick as$ where Dems and Reps have repeatedly failed.

wow a very good question i amazed

i don't do drug but think war in drugs should be undone/.

i am not sure about health care. maybe we should work together on this one like rest world.

but on abortion i think untied states need one rule for country. think if your state out laws it the rich will go get Arbitron some where else why poor stuck with kids they do want or can afford.

but here my Maim problem with Liberians that view government a the problem.

here one best quotes that explain happen what happen in banking melt down from Alan green span

i bet your coming here to talk about Fraud and what it is i think how we should, defined i. I think we should let markets figure that out
and boy did they do it.

and here puzzling thing about Ann rand

she said government at was problem not Solution.

yet people are government , is it just really people saying people are the problem ?

we need rules like epa safe water drinking act i think Liberian would gut these groups. they would let BP off the hook. if people where good nice i agree with you but where assholes.

yes you will get pot but also a 70 hour work week bad water and air no sec no rules