This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Out to some, homophobic friends and starting a gay relationship, what do I do?
11-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Out to some, homophobic friends and starting a gay relationship, what do I do?
I’m 17 years old and recently came out as gay to four best friends and my parents.
The support has been unbelievable. But I have some other worries.

Two other best friends are homophobic. One is a guy and is religious. He says that he accepts gay people, but not people who “act upon it” and that they will go to hell. The other has been my friend since primary school, and she says that she doesn’t agree with gay people and they should be locked up.

Also there is someone I like. He was in the year above at my high school. I don’t know him very well though. But he is exactly the type of guy I’d want to be in a relationship with. He’s not in your face and from facebook pics, he seems a really nice guy. He's the first gay guy, real or a celebrity, that I have fallen for. I also follow him on twitter and he tweeted a couple of months ago “I want a relationship.” My four best friends who know said that I should go for it. I’m in my last year of high school and he works at my local supermarket. But there is another problem. My mum works with him. She thinks he’s really nice and agrees with me that he is not in your face. TBH I’ve been hinting my feelings to her but she hasn’t caught on at all. Plus I’ve only ever spoken to him briefly once and my friends are telling me to try and get to know him as friends first before I ask him out.

How should I do that as I only see him at work?

I’m really low at the moment, as my two best friends don’t know and I feel a relationship with this guy would make me more happy but there are major complications.

I know this is a bit of a broad question and I apologise for that, but what should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

Friends who don't accept you for who you are are of no use to you. Tell them, and if they don't accept you then forget about them and find different friends. As for the guy, just talk to him. Maybe you could tweet at him that you would like to hang out sometime.

Ads

11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

OK, first off:

- your homophobic friends ... no wait ... the homophobic PEOPLE you know are literally, not what you need you're 17 for gods sake, and sorry, that basically means that you are going to have to put up with a lot of shit from a never ending parade of stupid, there are going to be people in life who wont accept you, but the bad thing is you haven't always been concious of your homosexuality, so got close to those people. there is really no way around it, they'll ether continue being your friend but not accept you, but does that even count? or they'll hate you and want to never speak to you again.

- secondly, this boy, sounds cute, but your friends are right don't try to be in a relationship with someone you don't know, but don't turn into a creepy stalker, and if your mum really is that supportive then talk to her cause i assume she'll be able to help cause at some point she had her first crush on a guy. but if you're really determined to go out with him don't just go for it what have you got to lose. and nothing like a boyfriend to perk you up now is there Smile

good luck, keep smiling