This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get over someone who has been your whole world for the past 5 years?
11-27-2012, 06:43 AM
How do you get over someone who has been your whole world for the past 5 years?
My girlfriend broke up with me nearly a month ago because she no longer wanted to be tied down in a relationship and wanted to go travelling and meet new people. She told me that she will always care about me and wanted me to be happy, but she was sure that breaking up was the right thing to do. I know that there wasnt anybody else involved.

But I feel like my whole world has ended and even after a month has gone by im still as upset now as i was when it first happened - i cant seem to stop crying and it feels like my entire world has fallen apart. How do I stop it from hurting? My mates say I should just start sleeping with as many women as possible and Ill be feeling better before i know it, but i just dont know what to do - i know that my ex will never want to give the relationship another go and the right thing to do is just move on, but its not that easy; I just cant seem to let go of her - she was my whole world.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

sleep with someone else

Ads

I'm so sorry to hear that. But when you enter a relationship you must know it can always end even when you have been together in 50years or more. It can take time to recover but in the end you will be happy again. Do not listen to your maids. You would regret if you slept with another girl after a 5 year relationship so soon. Life goes on and focus on the future. Focus on your school/job and when the time is right move on. It can help to talk to a therapist they can give you good advice and if you feel depressed it is necessary. Sooner or later you will get over her i promise Smile. You will feel happy again. Enjoy your time single, you can do whatever you like but do it responsibly.

The very first thing u need to do is let go of hope of this working out. It’s clear that she doesn’t want to be with you anymore. You need this space in order to get over her, i know you care about her but you can’t have her in your life and move on at the same time. give yourself 30 days of no contact, ideally 90 days. Talking to your ex girlfriend will not help you get over her whatsoever. In fact, it’ll only make things worse. Checking up on her on facebook and twitter is simply self-torture. Stop doing it. Block her on facebook so you can’t follow her, remove her from your newsfeed, do the same on twitter and any other places that remind you of her.

In the meantime, focus on the bad things about her and all the reasons that you dont want to be with her anymore. This will reaffirm the fact that she’s not right for you and make it easier to move on. it will reaffirm the fact that she’s not the person you want to be in a relationship with. this may not feel natural at first but it will stop you from sulking and moping about the loss.

These are just a couple tips that i think will help you.