This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I promote my blog and website?
11-27-2012, 06:44 AM
How can I promote my blog and website?
I currently sell my photography and recently started selling a new product - pixie dust neckalces on etsy (http://www.market1.etsy.com) and today I started a blog. I am looking for any tips on how or where to promote both my shop on etsy as well as my blog. Any feedback on either site is welcomed, thanks so much!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2012, 06:52 AM

You can links from google, pay people to post your ads, on facebook you can make an ad for your friends and other people i think.

Oh ya i saw your website, i really like your photos.

Ads

Promoting is short lived, you need backlinks, Google likes this. Try IMAutomator, they have a free version, you can submit 10 bookmarks per day, these last forever, and that is very important. Also they have an article submitter, directory submitter, and rss submitter, but these are pro and that is sold out.

I agree with the one answer on backlinks as that does help.

I also have had luck on Squidoo (see blog post on Squidoo) as you can actually put your items on there to sell and then give them the link to check out your stuff. I would also look around for where your market hangs out - track down the social sites and I enjoy using NING social sites (mine is listed below so you can see how I get my gift items out there) for that also as there seems to be one out there on about every niche. Speaking of social site, don't forget facebook and create a fan page - and then add some of your product there also for people to view linking back to your site also.

Did you try out Inbound Marketing?

Inbound marketing is the marketing strategy that focuses on getting found by customers. Inbound marketing is related to permission based relationship marketing.

With inbound marketing businesses earn their way to the customer, by publishing helpful information on a blog, in social media and forums.

Inbound marketing includes Blogging, Social Media, Lead Conversion, Lead Nurturing and Closed-Loop Analysis.

Inbound Marketing can help you to:
A. Save up to 60% of your marketing budget.
B. Stand out of your competition.
C. Generate a massive amount of leads.
D. Get up to 55% higher lead conversion rates.
E. Increase your customers and sales.

A good start could be to learn more about the marketing effectiveness of your web presence. (See link below)

The easiest website to build is a wordpress blog. If you have a host for your site they probably will have Fantastico and this will set up your blog software. Then you can start to plan what your blog will be about. THe next job is to get traffic to your blog. There are lots of ways and the link below will help. You can get quite a lot of info there on anything to do with selling online and building cash sites.

you can ping your blog to pingomatic or other ping sites, submit to search engine and web directory will make your blog become popular. web2.0 sites also good to promote your blog